An iconic Florence restaurant will bring its famous truffles to NYC for just 18 days
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Save your appetites, people. One of Florence’s most popular restaurants is opening in New York City.
Osteria delle tre Panche, which translates to “the tavern of three benches,” will be hosting a Chefs Club residency this February. Chefs Club, for those who are unfamiliar, is a restaurant group that hosts some of the world’s most famous chefs at iconic venues all around New York City, Taipei and Aspen. It started in 2012 as part of a collaboration between Starwood Hotels (RIP), the St. Regis Aspen and Food & Wine magazine.
Anyway, back to the truffles.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
The original location in Italy is the tiniest restaurant in the city and, according to Robb Report, it’s “famous for serving the best truffles in Florence.” The menu features delicacies such as Milanese fried veal with truffle, truffle rice and fried eggs with truffle. They don’t mess around here.
If you’re not a truffle fan, we’ll try not to hold it against you. You could always order the spaghetti with asparagus, tomatoes and cured fish eggs. Either way, you’ll want to save room for the “out-of-this-world” cheesecake.
You’ll find the pop-up at the Chefs Club Nolita location in the historic Puck Building from Feb. 5 to 23. The residency has largely flown under the radar (until now — sorry!) so a handful of reservations are still available on Resy, as long as you’re OK with eating dinner after 9 p.m. Very European, we know.
You can also set a “notify” alert so you’ll be informed if a reservation on your desired date and time opens up.
Related: The 29 best restaurants in New York City.
This isn’t the first time one of Florence’s most famous restaurants hosted a pop-up in the Big Apple. Last summer, iconic panini spot All’Antico Vinaio opened its doors to hungry New Yorkers — and we heard reports that the sandwiches sold out in just a few hours every day. We can’t say we’re surprised.
If you’re hungry just reading this, don’t worry. We are, too. But before you start eating all the truffles under the (Tuscan) sun, be sure to have a card in your wallet that will earn you bonus points on dining. Our top picks are the American Express® Gold Card (4x at restaurants), American Express® Green Card (3x at restaurants) and Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x). The points will start adding up for your next trip to Italy before you can say “Massimo.”
The information for the Amex Green Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Featured image courtesy of Osteria delle Tre Panche.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees