An iconic Florence restaurant will bring its famous truffles to NYC for just 18 days
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Save your appetites, people. One of Florence’s most popular restaurants is opening in New York City.
Osteria delle tre Panche, which translates to “the tavern of three benches,” will be hosting a Chefs Club residency this February. Chefs Club, for those who are unfamiliar, is a restaurant group that hosts some of the world’s most famous chefs at iconic venues all around New York City, Taipei and Aspen. It started in 2012 as part of a collaboration between Starwood Hotels (RIP), the St. Regis Aspen and Food & Wine magazine.
Anyway, back to the truffles.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
The original location in Italy is the tiniest restaurant in the city and, according to Robb Report, it’s “famous for serving the best truffles in Florence.” The menu features delicacies such as Milanese fried veal with truffle, truffle rice and fried eggs with truffle. They don’t mess around here.
If you’re not a truffle fan, we’ll try not to hold it against you. You could always order the spaghetti with asparagus, tomatoes and cured fish eggs. Either way, you’ll want to save room for the “out-of-this-world” cheesecake.
You’ll find the pop-up at the Chefs Club Nolita location in the historic Puck Building from Feb. 5 to 23. The residency has largely flown under the radar (until now — sorry!) so a handful of reservations are still available on Resy, as long as you’re OK with eating dinner after 9 p.m. Very European, we know.
You can also set a “notify” alert so you’ll be informed if a reservation on your desired date and time opens up.
Related: The 29 best restaurants in New York City.
This isn’t the first time one of Florence’s most famous restaurants hosted a pop-up in the Big Apple. Last summer, iconic panini spot All’Antico Vinaio opened its doors to hungry New Yorkers — and we heard reports that the sandwiches sold out in just a few hours every day. We can’t say we’re surprised.
If you’re hungry just reading this, don’t worry. We are, too. But before you start eating all the truffles under the (Tuscan) sun, be sure to have a card in your wallet that will earn you bonus points on dining. Our top picks are the American Express® Gold Card (4x at restaurants), American Express® Green Card (3x at restaurants) and Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x). The points will start adding up for your next trip to Italy before you can say “Massimo.”
The information for the Amex Green Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Featured image courtesy of Osteria delle Tre Panche.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.