St. Regis Aspen is looking for a ‘fur butler’ for its Bernese mountain dog
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
We may have just found the best job in the world.
The St. Regis Aspen is looking for someone to take care of its adorable Bernese mountain dog, Kitty. (Yup, the dog’s name is Kitty.) In fact, there’s a whole story behind the name, too. John Jacob Astor IV founded the St. Regis in 1904 and named his dog Kitty. The current Kitty arrived in Aspen last September, and was officially announced at the hotel’s annual Tree Lighting Ritual to celebrate the holidays. Santa himself delivered him as a gift! Talk about a job with some history — and humor — attached to it.
The ideal “fur butler” will take Kitty on daily walks, airport pickups and greetings, and even tours of the luxury five-star property. They’ll manage Kitty’s day-to-day responsibilities, as well as ensure the hotel’s pet program goes off without a hitch. Additionally, the butler will ensure that Kitty plays nicely with other guests and attends events, and will even coordinate monthly Bark ‘n’ Brews. The St. Regis Aspen is a pet-friendly hotel, so the fur butler will also help take care of guests’ furry friends.
According to the job listing, the fur butler’s “success is rooted in a deep passion for animals, service, uncompromising standards, the ability to anticipate needs and impeccable interpersonal skills. A keen interest in photography and social media is encouraged.” It’s probably not a bad idea to like dogs, either.
To apply, you’ll have to first post a photo to Facebook or Instagram and show off why you are the ideal candidate. Be sure to use the hashtag #kittysfurbutler. After doing that, email your resume to email@example.com and, of course, be sure to include all of your social media handles so the hiring team can check out your social prowess.
Kitty isn’t the only adorable hotel mascot on the block. We’ve rounded up some of our favorites and if we had to guess, you’ll want to book a stay at one of these properties, STAT.
If adorable dogs aren’t your thing (weird), but you still have the St. Regis on your mind, we can’t say we blame you. We put together this handy guide for you to figure out where you should put your Marriott points to good use. Anything is paw-ssible.
Featured image courtesy of St. Regis Aspen/Facebook.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees