This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Start spreadin’ the news: All’Antico Vinaio, the iconic Italian street eatery that your friend who studied abroad in Florence still won’t shut up about, is coming to New York City for one month as a pop-up shop. This is the first time the Florentine panini spot will be expanding out of its native country, and owner Tommaso Mazzanti is excited to take the famous establishment to the Big Apple.
“We will export the Florentine tradition to New York,” said Mazzanti in an interview with La Nazione Florence. “And we will recreate the atmosphere that reigns in our restaurant in via de ‘Neri, through the photos of our city, the Fiorentina sweaters, paintings that evoke Florence.”
The pop-up is in thanks to a partnership between Mazzanti and chef Joe Bastianich, who owns several critically acclaimed Michelin-starred restaurants all over the world and is also a judge on Sky MasterChef Italia. “I am very happy and honored but above all very excited to start this wonderful monthlong adventure in New York together with a great friend Joe Bastianich,” said Mazzanti on multiple social media accounts. The pop-up will be serving sandwiches at one of Bastianich’s New York restaurants, OTTO, near Washington Square Park.
Back to those paninis. If you’ve ever been to Florence, you’ve likely waited in line for a panini at the world-famous All’Antico Vinaio. If you haven’t tried it, or heard of it, well this is essentially what you need to know:
Florence’s All’Antico is a small sandwich shop located on Via De Neri a few feet from Piazza della Signoria. Number three on the Top 10 most reviewed restaurants on TripAdvisor, it features a menu of handcrafted panini made from the best-of-the-best fresh ingredients from the schiacciata, a Tuscan flatbread, to the creamy mozzarella. It’s also freaking delicious, obviously.
The All’Antico pop-up at OTTO Enoteca e Pizzeria in Greenwich Village will be open from June 13 to July 13. Come hungry!
Featured image by Robert Alexander/Getty Images.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards