Iconic Italian Street Eats All’Antico Vinaio Is Coming to New York for the First Time
Start spreadin’ the news: All’Antico Vinaio, the iconic Italian street eatery that your friend who studied abroad in Florence still won’t shut up about, is coming to New York City for one month as a pop-up shop. This is the first time the Florentine panini spot will be expanding out of its native country, and owner Tommaso Mazzanti is excited to take the famous establishment to the Big Apple.
“We will export the Florentine tradition to New York,” said Mazzanti in an interview with La Nazione Florence. “And we will recreate the atmosphere that reigns in our restaurant in via de ‘Neri, through the photos of our city, the Fiorentina sweaters, paintings that evoke Florence.”
The pop-up is in thanks to a partnership between Mazzanti and chef Joe Bastianich, who owns several critically acclaimed Michelin-starred restaurants all over the world and is also a judge on Sky MasterChef Italia. “I am very happy and honored but above all very excited to start this wonderful monthlong adventure in New York together with a great friend Joe Bastianich,” said Mazzanti on multiple social media accounts. The pop-up will be serving sandwiches at one of Bastianich’s New York restaurants, OTTO, near Washington Square Park.
Back to those paninis. If you’ve ever been to Florence, you’ve likely waited in line for a panini at the world-famous All’Antico Vinaio. If you haven’t tried it, or heard of it, well this is essentially what you need to know:
Florence’s All’Antico is a small sandwich shop located on Via De Neri a few feet from Piazza della Signoria. Number three on the Top 10 most reviewed restaurants on TripAdvisor, it features a menu of handcrafted panini made from the best-of-the-best fresh ingredients from the schiacciata, a Tuscan flatbread, to the creamy mozzarella. It’s also freaking delicious, obviously.
The All’Antico pop-up at OTTO Enoteca e Pizzeria in Greenwich Village will be open from June 13 to July 13. Come hungry!
Featured image by Robert Alexander/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.