Iconic Italian Street Eats All’Antico Vinaio Is Coming to New York for the First Time
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Start spreadin’ the news: All’Antico Vinaio, the iconic Italian street eatery that your friend who studied abroad in Florence still won’t shut up about, is coming to New York City for one month as a pop-up shop. This is the first time the Florentine panini spot will be expanding out of its native country, and owner Tommaso Mazzanti is excited to take the famous establishment to the Big Apple.
“We will export the Florentine tradition to New York,” said Mazzanti in an interview with La Nazione Florence. “And we will recreate the atmosphere that reigns in our restaurant in via de ‘Neri, through the photos of our city, the Fiorentina sweaters, paintings that evoke Florence.”
The pop-up is in thanks to a partnership between Mazzanti and chef Joe Bastianich, who owns several critically acclaimed Michelin-starred restaurants all over the world and is also a judge on Sky MasterChef Italia. “I am very happy and honored but above all very excited to start this wonderful monthlong adventure in New York together with a great friend Joe Bastianich,” said Mazzanti on multiple social media accounts. The pop-up will be serving sandwiches at one of Bastianich’s New York restaurants, OTTO, near Washington Square Park.
Back to those paninis. If you’ve ever been to Florence, you’ve likely waited in line for a panini at the world-famous All’Antico Vinaio. If you haven’t tried it, or heard of it, well this is essentially what you need to know:
Florence’s All’Antico is a small sandwich shop located on Via De Neri a few feet from Piazza della Signoria. Number three on the Top 10 most reviewed restaurants on TripAdvisor, it features a menu of handcrafted panini made from the best-of-the-best fresh ingredients from the schiacciata, a Tuscan flatbread, to the creamy mozzarella. It’s also freaking delicious, obviously.
The All’Antico pop-up at OTTO Enoteca e Pizzeria in Greenwich Village will be open from June 13 to July 13. Come hungry!
Featured image by Robert Alexander/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees