This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Just when you thought this strange, strange world we live in couldn’t get any weirder, orange snow is covering mountains and regions of Eastern Europe, including Russia, Romania, Bulgaria and Ukraine. See for yourself:
If you didn’t know any better, you might think this photo was edited in Instagram or Photoshop — but it turns out there’s a perfectly reasonable explanation.
In fact, this phenomenon happens every five years or so according to the BBC; it’s just especially intense this time around.
Meteorologist Steven Keates explained to The Independent that “when it rains or snows, it drags down whatever is up there, if there is sand in the atmosphere.”
See? A perfectly reasonable explanation for what looks like the apocalypse.
With some great bonus categories, the American Express Gold Card has a lot going for it. The card offers 4x points at US restaurants, at US supermarkets (up to $25,000; then 1x), and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com. It is currently offering a welcome bonus of 35,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months.
- Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. restaurants. Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- Earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with The Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack, and Ruth's Chris Steak House. This is an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
- Choose to carry a balance with interest on eligible charges of $100 or more.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees