This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Just when you thought this strange, strange world we live in couldn’t get any weirder, orange snow is covering mountains and regions of Eastern Europe, including Russia, Romania, Bulgaria and Ukraine. See for yourself:
If you didn’t know any better, you might think this photo was edited in Instagram or Photoshop — but it turns out there’s a perfectly reasonable explanation.
In fact, this phenomenon happens every five years or so according to the BBC; it’s just especially intense this time around.
Meteorologist Steven Keates explained to The Independent that “when it rains or snows, it drags down whatever is up there, if there is sand in the atmosphere.”
See? A perfectly reasonable explanation for what looks like the apocalypse.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards