People Are Paying to Be Catapulted 60 Miles an Hour Through the Air
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It’s no secret that here at TPG, we really like things that fly. While usually those things are in the form of various types of flying metal tubes, we recently came across something else that really grabbed our attention: A human catapult.
The Nevis Catapult opened earlier this month in Queenstown, New Zealand, and our hearts are racing just thinking about it. In fact, it’s from the same people that created the famous Nevis Swing, so you know it’s going to be good.
Here’s the deal: You stand at the platform’s edge and are slowly moved to a superman position — and before you know it, you’re flying 492 feet above the Nevis Valley at 60 miles an hour, instantly. While you’re in the air for only about 3 to 4 minutes start to finish, we have a feeling this will be a pretty memorable airborne experience.
Already looking up flight prices? Just be sure you’re 13 years or older, weigh 280 pounds or less, and have $170 to spare. Oh, and it’s probably a good idea to make sure you’re not afraid of heights.
If this doesn’t sound like the ultimate adrenaline rush, we’re not sure what does.
Feature image courtesy of AJ Hackett Bungy New Zealand
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.