People Are Paying to Be Catapulted 60 Miles an Hour Through the Air
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It’s no secret that here at TPG, we really like things that fly. While usually those things are in the form of various types of flying metal tubes, we recently came across something else that really grabbed our attention: A human catapult.
The Nevis Catapult opened earlier this month in Queenstown, New Zealand, and our hearts are racing just thinking about it. In fact, it’s from the same people that created the famous Nevis Swing, so you know it’s going to be good.
Here’s the deal: You stand at the platform’s edge and are slowly moved to a superman position — and before you know it, you’re flying 492 feet above the Nevis Valley at 60 miles an hour, instantly. While you’re in the air for only about 3 to 4 minutes start to finish, we have a feeling this will be a pretty memorable airborne experience.
Already looking up flight prices? Just be sure you’re 13 years or older, weigh 280 pounds or less, and have $170 to spare. Oh, and it’s probably a good idea to make sure you’re not afraid of heights.
If this doesn’t sound like the ultimate adrenaline rush, we’re not sure what does.
Feature image courtesy of AJ Hackett Bungy New Zealand
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees