This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It’s an open secret that the people you travel with make or break your trip. Even though we might not want to admit it sometimes, your best friend may not be your ideal travel companion. If they want to sleep in while you want to get up early and hit the sites, you know your trip is going to be a little rocky. The good news is now you have science to back you up on this.
According to a new study by Hilton’s Curio Collection, the best people to travel with are those who are naturally curious. The study looked at 2,000 people all over the country and an overwhelming 73% of them said that “traveling is their go-to outlet to express their curiosity.” We couldn’t agree more.
Additionally, 90% of respondents in the study said they take trips to learn something new. It makes total sense when you think about it — traveling is the best way to learn about a culture and its history, after all.
But at least now you have a data-backed reason to leave the friend who only leaves the hotel room to take photos for Instagram at home.
Featured image by JordiRamisa/Getty Images.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), up to a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees