This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It’s an open secret that the people you travel with make or break your trip. Even though we might not want to admit it sometimes, your best friend may not be your ideal travel companion. If they want to sleep in while you want to get up early and hit the sites, you know your trip is going to be a little rocky. The good news is now you have science to back you up on this.
According to a new study by Hilton’s Curio Collection, the best people to travel with are those who are naturally curious. The study looked at 2,000 people all over the country and an overwhelming 73% of them said that “traveling is their go-to outlet to express their curiosity.” We couldn’t agree more.
Additionally, 90% of respondents in the study said they take trips to learn something new. It makes total sense when you think about it — traveling is the best way to learn about a culture and its history, after all.
But at least now you have a data-backed reason to leave the friend who only leaves the hotel room to take photos for Instagram at home.
Featured image by JordiRamisa/Getty Images.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 points! With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 60,000 point sign up bonus worth up to $1,200 in value, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards