There’s One Personality Trait That Determines If You’ll Be a Good Travel Companion
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It’s an open secret that the people you travel with make or break your trip. Even though we might not want to admit it sometimes, your best friend may not be your ideal travel companion. If they want to sleep in while you want to get up early and hit the sites, you know your trip is going to be a little rocky. The good news is now you have science to back you up on this.
According to a new study by Hilton’s Curio Collection, the best people to travel with are those who are naturally curious. The study looked at 2,000 people all over the country and an overwhelming 73% of them said that “traveling is their go-to outlet to express their curiosity.” We couldn’t agree more.
Additionally, 90% of respondents in the study said they take trips to learn something new. It makes total sense when you think about it — traveling is the best way to learn about a culture and its history, after all.
But at least now you have a data-backed reason to leave the friend who only leaves the hotel room to take photos for Instagram at home.
Featured image by JordiRamisa/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.