How to match your Hyatt status to M life for free perks in Las Vegas
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
With Las Vegas hitting a hot streak of a loosening of pandemic restrictions and a surge in demand, the inevitable is happening. Some fees, such as parking fees, are returning to the Strip.
However, you don’t have to be the unlucky visitor that wasted an extra $15 – $18 per night just parking if you have any World of Hyatt elite status level.
M life perks can go well beyond free parking. Here’s how and why you should link your World of Hyatt and M life accounts.
Get points, miles and travel coverage delivered to your inbox by signing up for the TPG daily newsletter.
Benefits of matching Hyatt status to M life
Hyatt’s elite status levels match to M life Sapphire, Pearl or Gold status. M life has two higher status tiers — Platinum and Noir — that you can’t unlock with your Hyatt status.
But there are still some tangible perks at the Pearl and Gold status levels.
Related: Guide to casino loyalty programs
M life Pearl status will allow you to access the VIP lane at buffets (when those return) and you’ll avoid self-parking fees at the M life resorts that can otherwise cost up to $18 per night when that fee returns in June 2021.
M life Gold status has the perks of Pearl but also allows for waived valet parking charges (when it is available again), access to a priority front desk check-in line (which can save you tons of time checking in on busy days), potential room upgrade, a dedicated line at some restaurants, priority access to restaurant reservations and VIP access to select nightclubs.
Related: Guide to all things Las Vegas
How to match Hyatt status to M life
Matching your Hyatt status to M life is pretty easy and can be done online.
You can link your Hyatt status to M life via the Hyatt site. Make sure you aren’t logged into the M life site at the same time since that may generate an error. If you do hit an error, you will need to double-check that you’re logged out of the M life site. If you don’t have an M life account, then you’ll want to go ahead and set one up so you can link it to Hyatt.
There are lots of ways to skip the line and get some VIP treatment in Las Vegas, but many of them involve spending lots of money on your lodging or while gambling. However, you can leverage some hotel elite status levels you already have in your wallet to avoid some lines and parking fees as the crowds return to Vegas.
Featured image courtesy of Summer Hull/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees