Marriott adds complimentary on-site COVID-19 testing at properties across the Caribbean and Mexico
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Following Hyatt’s lead, the world’s largest hotel chain has rolled out a plan to provide complimentary on-site COVID-19 testing to guests staying at a selection of its properties across the Caribbean and Mexico.
This new offering will allow guests who travel to any participating resort to remain compliant with the United States’ recent rule requiring all incoming travelers to present proof of a negative COVID-19 rapid antigen or PCR test within three days of arrival into the country.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
The complimentary testing is available for up to two people per room for guests staying three nights or longer at the following properties: JW Marriott Cancun Resort and Spa; Marriott Cancun Resort; The Ritz-Carlton, Cancun; Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort and Spa; W Punta de Mita; The Westin Resort and Spa, Puerto Vallarta; The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort; Solaz, a Luxury Collection Resort, Los Cabos; Zadun, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve; Aruba Marriott Resort and Stellaris Casino and The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba.
Marriott’s also following Hyatt’s example by offering up to 50% off on flexible extended stay rates if a guest isn’t able to travel back to the U.S. due to a positive test.
It’s important to note if you’re not staying at any of the above Marriott properties, free COVID-19 testing will not be available, though you can speak with your property directly. They should be able to direct you to a local testing center so you can comply with the new U.S. rule. Additionally, the type of testing (both rapid antigen and PCR tests are accepted under the U.S. entry rule) will vary by property. If you require further tests on property, they will be available for purchase.
While not quite as widespread as Hyatt’s offering, it’s great to see Marriott get on board with offering free on-property testing across a range of its locations in popular places where Americans are traveling right now. It will allow travelers to continue to visit these resorts (and contribute tourism dollars to the region’s local economies) while more seamlessly complying with the U.S. testing-for-entry rule without the hassle of coordinating testing with local health centers.
Featured image by Melanie Lieberman/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees