Las Vegas and Seattle Centurion Lounges to Close for Renovations
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
American Express’ Seattle and Las Vegas Centurion lounges will soon close for renovation.
“The Centurion Lounge at Las Vegas International Airport will be temporarily closed for a short period starting on January 14, 2019, as we work to upgrade and improve the space,” an American Express spokesperson said. “We apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to reopening as soon as possible to continue to offer Platinum Card Members a place to relax, refresh and reboot when they travel through LAS.”
The Miami Centurion lounge is set to close on the same day this month for multiple weeks of construction — Amex is obviously serious about overhauling its airport lounges, which were already some of the best in the business. The Dallas Centurion was closed and reopened in a new location last September.
Those with The Platinum Card® from American Express, The Business Platinum Card® from American Express or the Centurion Card get complimentary access to the eight Centurion lounges in the US and one in Hong Kong (HKG).
Fortunately, those cardholders also have access to Delta’s Seattle SkyClub (only when flying Delta) as well as a complimentary Priority Pass membership, which will get them and two guests access to two other private lounges in Seattle, The Club in Concourse A and The Club in South Satellite. The Club has two lounges at Las Vegas, also accessible through Priority Pass — although there’s no Delta SkyClub in the airport.
It’s unclear exactly what the renovations will entail, but the Seattle Centurion Lounge is one of the smaller locations, so it’d be great to see an expansion of the space (even though it was already made larger in 2016). Centurion Lounges have had a big problem with overcrowding recently, so much so that Amex has started limiting entry.
When the Dallas Centurion lounge was closed in August, it reopened in another larger location to accommodate more guests. Amex has said the same about the upcoming renovations of its Miami lounge, which will be “upgraded and expanded” once the work is over. However, it doesn’t appear that the Las Vegas lounge will be expanding its footprint.
TPG reached out to American Express for more information on the Seattle and Las Vegas changes, but further details were not provided.
Featured image by The Points Guy Staff.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.