Las Vegas and Seattle Centurion Lounges to Close for Renovations
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
American Express’ Seattle and Las Vegas Centurion lounges will soon close for renovation.
“The Centurion Lounge at Las Vegas International Airport will be temporarily closed for a short period starting on January 14, 2019, as we work to upgrade and improve the space,” an American Express spokesperson said. “We apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to reopening as soon as possible to continue to offer Platinum Card Members a place to relax, refresh and reboot when they travel through LAS.”
The Miami Centurion lounge is set to close on the same day this month for multiple weeks of construction — Amex is obviously serious about overhauling its airport lounges, which were already some of the best in the business. The Dallas Centurion was closed and reopened in a new location last September.
Those with The Platinum Card® from American Express, The Business Platinum Card® from American Express or the Centurion Card get complimentary access to the eight Centurion lounges in the US and one in Hong Kong (HKG)
Fortunately, those cardholders also have access to Delta’s Seattle SkyClub (only when flying Delta) as well as a complimentary Priority Pass membership, which will get them and two guests access to two other private lounges in Seattle, The Club in Concourse A and The Club in South Satellite. The Club has two lounges at Las Vegas, also accessible through Priority Pass — although there’s no Delta SkyClub in the airport. Enrollment required for select benefits.
It’s unclear exactly what the renovations will entail, but the Seattle Centurion Lounge is one of the smaller locations, so it’d be great to see an expansion of the space (even though it was already made larger in 2016). Centurion Lounges have had a big problem with overcrowding recently, so much so that Amex has started limiting entry.
When the Dallas Centurion lounge was closed in August, it reopened in another larger location to accommodate more guests. Amex has said the same about the upcoming renovations of its Miami lounge, which will be “upgraded and expanded” once the work is over. However, it doesn’t appear that the Las Vegas lounge will be expanding its footprint.
TPG reached out to American Express for more information on the Seattle and Las Vegas changes, but further details were not provided.
Featured image by The Points Guy Staff.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card account anniversary. Plus, earn an additional Free Night Award after you spend $60K in purchases on your Card in a calendar year. Awards can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy program.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 125,000 Marriott Bonvoy Bonus Points after spending $5,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months of Card Membership. Offer expires 8/31/22.
- 6x points at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy™ program.
- 4x points for purchases made at restaurants worldwide, at U.S. gas stations, on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers and on U.S. purchases for shipping.
- 2x points on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 7% discount off standard rates for reservations of standard guest rooms at hotels that participate in the Marriott Bonvoy program when you book directly. Terms and Conditions Apply.
- Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card renewal month. Plus, earn an additional Free Night Award after you spend $60K in purchases on your Card in a calendar year. Awards can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at a participating hotel. Certain hotels have resort fees.
- Enjoy Complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite Status with your Card.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees