Las Vegas and Seattle Centurion Lounges to Close for Renovations
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
American Express’ Seattle and Las Vegas Centurion lounges will soon close for renovation.
“The Centurion Lounge at Las Vegas International Airport will be temporarily closed for a short period starting on January 14, 2019, as we work to upgrade and improve the space,” an American Express spokesperson said. “We apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to reopening as soon as possible to continue to offer Platinum Card Members a place to relax, refresh and reboot when they travel through LAS.”
The Miami Centurion lounge is set to close on the same day this month for multiple weeks of construction — Amex is obviously serious about overhauling its airport lounges, which were already some of the best in the business. The Dallas Centurion was closed and reopened in a new location last September.
Those with The Platinum Card® from American Express, The Business Platinum Card® from American Express or the Centurion Card get complimentary access to the eight Centurion lounges in the US and one in Hong Kong (HKG)
Fortunately, those cardholders also have access to Delta’s Seattle SkyClub (only when flying Delta) as well as a complimentary Priority Pass membership, which will get them and two guests access to two other private lounges in Seattle, The Club in Concourse A and The Club in South Satellite. The Club has two lounges at Las Vegas, also accessible through Priority Pass — although there’s no Delta SkyClub in the airport. Enrollment required for select benefits.
It’s unclear exactly what the renovations will entail, but the Seattle Centurion Lounge is one of the smaller locations, so it’d be great to see an expansion of the space (even though it was already made larger in 2016). Centurion Lounges have had a big problem with overcrowding recently, so much so that Amex has started limiting entry.
When the Dallas Centurion lounge was closed in August, it reopened in another larger location to accommodate more guests. Amex has said the same about the upcoming renovations of its Miami lounge, which will be “upgraded and expanded” once the work is over. However, it doesn’t appear that the Las Vegas lounge will be expanding its footprint.
TPG reached out to American Express for more information on the Seattle and Las Vegas changes, but further details were not provided.
Featured image by The Points Guy Staff.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees