Kimpton’s newest secret password can help you ‘stay cool’ with a fun surprise at check-in
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
With locations all around the world, Kimpton is a popular brand with travelers and IHG loyalists thanks to evening happy hours, its “raid the minibar” perk for select elite guests and the brands royal treatment of the fluffiest and floofiest of four-legged guests. Kimpton is famous for being pet-friendly after all.
But from now through Sept. 5, casually work in the phrase “stay cool” while checking in, and you’ll be awarded “a feel-good surprise” for using the secret password.
While we can’t tell you exactly what you’ll get with each stay, we do know that previous perks have ranged from drink credits to local swag to free parking. Each hotel offers something a little different, which makes the game all the more fun.
For TPG’s Summer Hull, using a password at the Hotel Monaco Denver resulted in the chance to spin a wheel that included a number of prizes like a movie night, a succulent, some hotel swag like a flask or beer glass and even a whole bottle of rosé.
Other Kimpton social password surprises we have heard of in the past include:
- A bottle of wine
- Comped parking
- Branded coffee mug
- Two drinks at the on-site bar
- Doubled Raid the Bar credit
- Room upgrade
- $30 dining credit
- Breakfast vouchers
- Hot chocolate kit
- In-room movie
- Free IHG points
The secret password is great, but certain IHG One Rewards elites also get the chance to take advantage of the “Raid the Bar” benefit. With it, Platinum Elite members get a $10 credit and Diamond Elite members get a $20 to use on the in-room mini-bar or hotel bar or restaurant. And if you’ve followed The Points Guy for a while, you know we love a good hotel bar.
If you don’t have status with IHG and are looking for a quick way to get there — and earn points to plan your next Kimpton stay, consider applying for The IHG® Rewards Premier Credit Card. With this card you’ll earn 140,000 bonus points after spending $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening, along with automatic Platinum Elite status and the chance to raid the bar on basically every Kimpton stay.
Featured image by Eric Rosen/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees