JetBlue Schedule Extended Through Feb. 12, 2020
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
JetBlue just extended its flight schedule, meaning you can now book flights through Feb. 12, 2020. Previously, JetBlue flights could only be booked through Jan. 8, 2020, so you can now go ahead and plan your vacations for the rest of January and the first half of February. This also includes the highly popular MLK long weekend. Having three days off from work or school is the perfect opportunity to extend a vacation.
For popular flights, i.e., long weekends as well as Friday and Sunday flights, you might find the best prices available today. Of course JetBlue offers a 5-day grace period if flights do happen to come down in price and JetBlue Mosaic members are always eligible to get their flight re-priced. These semi-flexible rules make booking seven months out not as scary. And of course, you can always book, think it over and cancel within 24 hours if the rest of the pieces of the puzzle do not come together.
Special Privileges for JetBlue Mosaic Member
For those who have JetBlue Mosaic status, which comes with an extremely flexible policy if you need to change or cancel a flight, it makes sense to book your winter travel now that the schedule has opened up, even if you are not 100% sure of your travel plans. For no fee at all, you can cancel if you …
- Paid for the Flight: You will receive a voucher for the difference in the fare price. The voucher will be deposited into your JetBlue TrueBlue travel bank and you have one year from when you receive the voucher to use the credit. One of the best benefits of JetBlue vouchers is that you can use your voucher to book a flight for any passenger — you just need to book through your JetBlue account.
- Used Points for the Flight: The difference in points will go back into the account from which those points were deducted.
This is by far one of my favorite benefits of JetBlue Mosaic status. My family makes it a priority to earn this status year after year due to the flexibility. This has saved my family a ton of money (and points) and gives us the peace of mind knowing we could cancel if we need to.
You can earn JetBlue Mosaic status two different ways:
- Flying with JetBlue: Flying 30 segments + earning 12,000 base points ($4,000 in spending) or earning 15,000 base points ($5,000 in spending) in a calendar year
- Credit Card Spend: Spending $50,000 on the JetBlue Credit Card in a calendar year
Tips to Finding the Best Fares
Here are two tips to help you find the best JetBlue fares to allow your family to go on that awesome holiday vacation:
Use JetBlue’s Fare Finder
The JetBlue Fare Finder will give you a monthly view of pricing (in either dollars or points). You can even open up two browsers at a time to look at the one-way pricing with outbound and return destinations. This can definitely help you and your family pick the dates that will get you the best pricing, as long as you have some flexibility with your schedule.
Search Nearby City Pairs
JetBlue will allow you to search flights for all airports within a region. For example, if you are looking to go to San Francisco, instead of putting SFO into your destination, you can search for “San Francisco area.” In addition to showing San Francisco airport results, this will pull in nearby airports such as Oakland and San Jose. You might find that flying into one of the other airports will result in a much lower ticket price. You could even fly into one airport and out of the other. Other popular cities with nearby airports include: Ft. Lauderdale, Boston, New York City and Los Angeles.
Now is the perfect time to book your JetBlue flight for the beginning of 2020, especially for the MLK holiday weekend. If you are low on points, JetBlue is a transfer partner with Chase Ultimate Rewards (1:1 transfer ratio) American Express Membership Rewards (1.25:1 transfer ratio), Citi ThankYou Rewards (1:1 transfer ratio) and Capital One (2:1.5 transfer ratio). Fortunately, all four programs transfer instantly which will allow you to have the number of points required to book. And remember, with all point reservations, if you have the JetBlue Credit Card, you’ll receive 10% of your points back after you complete your flight. This is a great rebate and really helps lessen the total number of points used.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured image by Alberto Riva/TPG
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.