JetBlue Schedule Extended Through Feb. 12, 2020
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
JetBlue just extended its flight schedule, meaning you can now book flights through Feb. 12, 2020. Previously, JetBlue flights could only be booked through Jan. 8, 2020, so you can now go ahead and plan your vacations for the rest of January and the first half of February. This also includes the highly popular MLK long weekend. Having three days off from work or school is the perfect opportunity to extend a vacation.
For popular flights, i.e., long weekends as well as Friday and Sunday flights, you might find the best prices available today. Of course JetBlue offers a 5-day grace period if flights do happen to come down in price and JetBlue Mosaic members are always eligible to get their flight re-priced. These semi-flexible rules make booking seven months out not as scary. And of course, you can always book, think it over and cancel within 24 hours if the rest of the pieces of the puzzle do not come together.
Special Privileges for JetBlue Mosaic Member
For those who have JetBlue Mosaic status, which comes with an extremely flexible policy if you need to change or cancel a flight, it makes sense to book your winter travel now that the schedule has opened up, even if you are not 100% sure of your travel plans. For no fee at all, you can cancel if you …
- Paid for the Flight: You will receive a voucher for the difference in the fare price. The voucher will be deposited into your JetBlue TrueBlue travel bank and you have one year from when you receive the voucher to use the credit. One of the best benefits of JetBlue vouchers is that you can use your voucher to book a flight for any passenger — you just need to book through your JetBlue account.
- Used Points for the Flight: The difference in points will go back into the account from which those points were deducted.
This is by far one of my favorite benefits of JetBlue Mosaic status. My family makes it a priority to earn this status year after year due to the flexibility. This has saved my family a ton of money (and points) and gives us the peace of mind knowing we could cancel if we need to.
You can earn JetBlue Mosaic status two different ways:
- Flying with JetBlue: Flying 30 segments + earning 12,000 base points ($4,000 in spending) or earning 15,000 base points ($5,000 in spending) in a calendar year
- Credit Card Spend: Spending $50,000 on the JetBlue Credit Card in a calendar year
Tips to Finding the Best Fares
Here are two tips to help you find the best JetBlue fares to allow your family to go on that awesome holiday vacation:
Use JetBlue’s Fare Finder
The JetBlue Fare Finder will give you a monthly view of pricing (in either dollars or points). You can even open up two browsers at a time to look at the one-way pricing with outbound and return destinations. This can definitely help you and your family pick the dates that will get you the best pricing, as long as you have some flexibility with your schedule.
Search Nearby City Pairs
JetBlue will allow you to search flights for all airports within a region. For example, if you are looking to go to San Francisco, instead of putting SFO into your destination, you can search for “San Francisco area.” In addition to showing San Francisco airport results, this will pull in nearby airports such as Oakland and San Jose. You might find that flying into one of the other airports will result in a much lower ticket price. You could even fly into one airport and out of the other. Other popular cities with nearby airports include: Ft. Lauderdale, Boston, New York City and Los Angeles.
Now is the perfect time to book your JetBlue flight for the beginning of 2020, especially for the MLK holiday weekend. If you are low on points, JetBlue is a transfer partner with Chase Ultimate Rewards (1:1 transfer ratio) American Express Membership Rewards (1.25:1 transfer ratio), Citi ThankYou Rewards (1:1 transfer ratio) and Capital One (2:1.5 transfer ratio). Fortunately, all four programs transfer instantly which will allow you to have the number of points required to book. And remember, with all point reservations, if you have the JetBlue Credit Card, you’ll receive 10% of your points back after you complete your flight. This is a great rebate and really helps lessen the total number of points used.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured image by Alberto Riva/TPG
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees