JetBlue is offering full refunds for vacation packages right now — here’s what to know
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’re currently planning future travel, you’ll probably want to book through JetBlue Vacations.
While nearly all airlines have been waiving change and cancellation fees for new bookings, very few have been offering refunds instead of vouchers for voluntary cancellations. However, to lure back skittish travelers, JetBlue Vacations is currently doing just that.
For more TPG news and deals delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Now through June 15, 2020, new flight and hotel packages booked through JetBlue Vacations are fully refundable to the original form of payment, so long as they are canceled at least 60 days prior to departure. This promotion applies to travel from Sep. 1, 2020 through Feb. 10, 2021, with blackout dates from Dec. 22, 2020 – Jan. 4, 2021. This promotion does not apply to Mint fares or those booked using the Best Price Guarantee.
Plus, when you book by June 15, you’ll earn nine TrueBlue points on every eligible $1 spent on the flights portion of your JetBlue Vacations package. You’ll earn the bonus points for all flights flown now through Feb. 10, with no blackout dates.
If you need to cancel closer to the start of your trip, this new announcement also offers some nice flexibility. For bookings made by June 30, cancellations made within 60 days of departure will result in a refund issued as 24-month JetBlue Vacations credit. Additionally, as announced back in January, all packages booked through the end of the year are eligible for one free change.
Given all of the uncertainty around future travel, having maximum flexibility is critical, so this promotion is definitely worth looking into. Plus, there are many other valuable perks when booking through JetBlue Vacations, such as a 48-hour best price guarantee, free drinks during the flight, extra miles, Group B boarding and complimentary airport transfers at select destinations.
You’ll typically want to use a card that earns bonus points on travel purchases, such as the Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x), when booking vacation packages, but reports suggest that The Platinum Card® from American Express codes JetBlue Vacations as airfare and will earn you 5x points (starting Jan. 1, 2021, earn 5x points on up to $500,000 on these purchase per calendar year). If you have the JetBlue Plus Card, remember that you get a $100 annual JetBlue Vacations statement credit with it — one that will post automatically when you purchase a package of $100 or more.
The information for the JetBlue Plus Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
For more on flight cancellations and refunds, see:
- Didn’t get a refund for a canceled flight? Here’s why you should call back now
- You are entitled to a refund for your canceled flight — even if the airline says you aren’t
- How to refund a nonrefundable airline ticket
- United and Hawaiian are defying refund rules for canceled flights — here’s how to get yours anyway
- Why you should wait until the last minute to get a refund for your flight
Featured image by Zach Griff/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees