JetBlue will provide free Blade helicopter transfers to some of its most elite flyers
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Some of JetBlue‘s top flyers will soon get free helicopter transfers between Manhattan and the airport.
JetBlue and Blade — a transportation company that provides transfers via helicopters, seaplanes or jets — announced on Thursday that they’ve inked a new partnership to bring free and reduced-price helicopter flights to members of JetBlue’s TrueBlue loyalty program.
Additionally, Blade announced a new route: It will launch continuous airport service between its 34th Street lounge on Manhattan’s East Side and New York City‘s John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK), JetBlue’s main hub. Blade already operates continuous service between its lounge on the West Side and JFK.
Want more airline-specific news? Sign up for TPG’s free new biweekly Aviation newsletter.
Members of JetBlue’s temporary top TrueBlue tier, Mosaic+, will receive credits that can be redeemed for free seats on Blade transfers between Manhattan and JFK or Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR). Those credits can also be used for traveling companions, JetBlue said.
TrueBlue Mosaic members will receive a 25% discount on their first-ever Blade trip to the airport, while general members will receive a 10% discount, JetBlue said.
“Given its New York City roots, JetBlue is an ideal partner as we have ramped up our Blade Airport service to six days a week and up to thirteen hours per day in New York City,” Blade President Melissa Tomkiel said in a statement.
In a statement, JetBlue said that the partnership will be a big enhancement for its customers.
“We know the JetBlue journey starts long before our customers step aboard one of our flights, which is why we are making more of the entire travel experience even easier and even more rewarding,” Chris Buckner, JetBlue’s vice president of loyalty and partnerships, said. “This partnership with Blade will help us further evolve and enhance our TrueBlue program so our most loyal customers can enjoy more perks more often.”
For JetBlue, the new partnership with Blade is a sensible one for the airline’s most loyal customers. JetBlue has one of the best business-class products of any U.S. airline — its Mint Studio won last year’s TPG Awards for best business class — but it notably lacks any lounges. By offering helicopter transfers, these customers will be able to maximize their time in the city and spend less time at the airport.
Featured photo by Zach Griff/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees