Your Next Italian Vacation Should Include These Estates and Wineries
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’re planning a trip to Italy, we know it’s going to involve a lot of pasta, pizza, dessert, probably a wine tasting or two — and rightfully so. But some olive oil estates and wineries are taking their tours and tastings to the next level.
These aren’t your average olive oil or wine tours; they’re experiences designed for you to sit back, relax, and enjoy Italian culture in a way you wouldn’t have before, and may make you reconsider your next stay at a chain hotel in one of the nearby cities. We’re getting hungry just thinking about it.
Take, for example, Vittorio Cassini in Liguria. The family-owned farm is only about a 20-minute drive from the Mediterranean Sea, and you can rent one of three available houses — each complete with at least two bedrooms and a kitchen, not to mention a backdrop that features the olive groves. If you stay here, you’ll have access to pick-your-own produce and fresh milk, plus a private pasta-making lesson with the family’s matriarch. For only $150 a night, this puts an Airbnb to shame.
Another one we have our eye on is Villa Della Torre Allegrini in Veneto. This 100-acre wine and olive oil estate is complete with furniture and antiques that date all the way back to the 15th and 16th centuries. While this one is a little pricer — around 300 euros a night — your stay will be complete with breakfast and a custom itinerary. This could include anything from a guided walk through the vineyard to a bicycle tour, or even a boat tour of Lake Garda. Of course, a stay here wouldn’t be complete without a hands-on wine and olive oil tasting.
If you want just a little bit more of a traditional hotel experience, you need to check out Planeta Estate in Sicily. It’s actually made up of two estates that are a 10-minute drive apart — and its hotel, La Foresteria, is right smack in the middle. Here, you’ll find an infinity pool complimented by views of the Mediterranean Sea and all of the vineyards surrounding it. There’s even a restaurant where you can eat some of the best food Sicily has to offer. For 180 euros a night, you’ll have access to breakfast each day, cooking classes, and of course, all the olive oil and wine tours your heart desires.
Now, if you’ll excuse us, we have some planning to do.
Featured photo courtesy Villa Della Torre Allegrini
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.