This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
We’ve reported on some weird things recently — like the person who tried to bring a grenade-shaped grinder through security and caused an entire airport to evacuate — but this one brings home the bacon.
Back in April, 68-year-old Ronald James allegedly promised his granddaughter she could have a bacon roll on their TUI airlines flight from Palma (PMI) to Exeter (EXT). When cabin crew told him they didn’t have any available because they weren’t serving hot food, chaos broke out. James started shouting and poking his finger at the flight attendants, going so far as to making one of them cry.
He also asked to speak to the captain to suggest that they warn flyers at check-in that there was no hot food being served. Obviously, flight attendants didn’t go for this. He was later accused of intimidating flight attendants after being denied access to the cockpit.
Ultimately, he admitted to behaving in a threatening, abusive, insulting or disorderly manner — in addition to being fined £230 ($298). He was also ordered to pay £100 ($131) in compensation to the two cabin crew members. He later said, “I was not a happy customer – I wish I had not been on the plane and I wish it had not run out of food.” Yup, you can say that again.
Moral of the story: BYOB (Bring your own bacon).
Feature image by Brooks Kraft LLC/Corbis via Getty Images.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
Aside from the 75,000 points welcome bonus, Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Welcome Offer: Earn up to 75,000 Membership Rewards® points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 and an extra 25,000 points after you spend an additional $10,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- Enroll to get up to $200 in statement credits annually by getting up to $100 semi-annually for U.S. purchases with Dell. Terms apply.
- Get one year of Platinum Global Access from WeWork. With this membership, you can access 300+ premium, inspiring workspaces in 75+ cities. To get this exclusive offer, enroll between 2/15/2019 and 12/31/2019.
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees