Grenade-Shaped Marijuana Grinder Caused an Airport Evacuation in Argentina
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Accidental airport evacuations are not all that uncommon. On Tuesday, a grenade-shaped marijuana grinder caused an evacuation at the Astor Piazzolla International Airport (MDQ) in Mar del Plata, Argentina — about 250 miles southeast of Buenos Aries.
The head of Argentina’s national airport police, Alejandro Itzcovich, told a local TV station that a passenger must’ve discarded the object before boarding their plane. The evacuation caused several flight delays, and this isn’t the first time a grenade-shaped grinder has slowed down airport traffic. In 2016, flights were also delayed at Bellingham International Airport (BLI) in Washington state and at California’s Sacramento International Airport (SMF) after similar objects were found in passengers’ belongings, according to the AP.
A good rule of thumb for flyers packing a carryon is, if it looks like a weapon, leave it at home.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.