The #1 Reason People Don’t Unplug on Vacation
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Whether we want to admit it or not, we’ve all fallen victim to it at one point or another.
No, we’re not talking about paying more in miles than what the value of a flight is worth — we mean taking advantage of your well-deserved vacation days. It’s one thing to not use them at all, but it’s another to use them and be so preoccupied about checking email and Slack messages that you can’t even enjoy yourself. (Guilty as charged — but I guess that’s what happens when you work in media, right?).
If this sounds like you, you’re not alone. A recent study from LinkedIn found that nearly 70% of people don’t disconnect from work while they’re away. What’s more, 56% of them said it’s because they don’t want to fall behind. Above all else, this is the reason people are so attached to their phones while taking time off.
Millennials in particular said they have “vacation request anxiety,” with 16% of them saying they’re too nervous to ask for time off.
So if you’re on the fence about asking for vacation — or if you’re on one now — make sure to put your phone down and enjoy yourself once you do get there. The best part? You’re already in the right place to start planning your next trip.
Feature image by @WR36 via Twenty20.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees