Hyatt adds another 56 luxury hotels for award stays
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It’s been a busy year for the World of Hyatt program. From a new partnership with expedition company Lindblad to the addition of brands like Thompson and Joie de Vivre, Hyatt is working hard to expand the number of ways to earn and redeem points for its members.
Now, the program is back with a sixth round of integration from Small Luxury Hotels of the World — as of today, another 56 properties have been added to Hyatt’s award chart. Following previous additions from December, January, February, May and October, this brings the total number of SLH properties available using Hyatt points to over 300. When you consider that Hyatt’s own branded hotels number less than 1,000, this represents a fantastic expansion of the program’s award chart.
To celebrate, Hyatt is also launching a new promotion for stays at participating SLH properties. Members will earn 3,000 bonus points — worth $51 based on TPG’s most recent valuations — for every paid stay between December 10, 2019 and March 2, 2020. Registration is required by January 31, 2020, so visit this link to make sure you don’t miss out on a decent haul of Hyatt points.
Hyatt notes that the SLH partnership has added a total of 27 additional countries with participating properties for members to earn and redeem points, and the new additions as of today look quite enticing, including:
- Cordée des Alpes in Verbier, Switzerland
- Mirror Lake Inn Resort & Spa in Lake Placid, NY
- Tower Suites Reykjavik in Iceland
- Vista Palazzo Lago di Como in Italy
- Greenhill Lodge in Hastings, New Zealand
The new properties will offer the same earning rates and perks as previous additions. World of Hyatt members will earn 5 points per dollar spent on paid stays, and elite members will earn the standard bonuses. All Hyatt travelers, regardless of status, will enjoy a number of on-property benefits, including daily complimentary continental breakfast for two, a space-available, one-category room upgrade at check in, and early check-in/late checkout (subject to availability). You can find full details of the Hyatt-SLH partnership at this link.
Note that these properties also count as Hyatt hotels when you swipe the World of Hyatt Credit Card, so you’d earn an additional 4 Hyatt points per dollar spent, making this a terrific option for these stays.
All 56 of these new properties have also been added for award stays, and they cover the following categories, with standard award rates in parentheses:
- Category 3 (12,000 points per night): 1 hotel
- Category 4 (15,000 points): 5 hotels
- Category 5 (20,000 points): 10 hotels
- Category 6 (25,000 points): 17 hotels
- Category 7 (30,000 points): 13 hotels
- Category 8 (40,000 points): 10 hotels
Just remember that World of Hyatt will be adding peak and off-peak pricing starting in March 2020, so these award rates will fluctuate based on the dates of travel.
Hyatt has also updated its list of most popular markets for SLH reservations by members, with a familiar city on top:
- London, England (previously #2)
- Rome, Italy (previously #1)
- Shanghai, China (previously #4)
- Kyoto, Japan (new)
- Paris, France (new)
Here’s a full list of the new properties:
|Hotel Name||City||Country||Award category|
|Stoke Park||Stoke Poges||United Kingdom||5|
|Casa del Mar||Mykonos||Greece||8|
|Hotel San Regis||Paris||France||7|
|La Villa del Re||Sardinia||Italy||7|
|Le Pavillon des Lettres||Paris||France||6|
|Grand Barrail Chateau Hotel & Spa||Saint-Emilion||France||6|
|Hotel Aguas de Ibiza Lifestyle||Ibiza||Spain||7|
|Naman Retreat||Da Nang||Vietnam||7|
|The Celino South Beach||Miami Beach||USA||5|
|Domaine de Manville||Les Baux de Provence||France||7|
|Grand Hotel Angiolieri||Sorrento||Italy||6|
|Hotel Byron||Forte dei Marmi||Italy||7|
|Hotel Le Pashmina Le Refuge||Val Thorens||France||8|
|Hotel Villa Ducale||Taormina||Italy||6|
|Le Clos Saint Martin Hotel & Spa||Saint Martin||France||7|
|Pädaste Manor||Muhu Island||Estonia||6|
|Abba Resorts Izu||Ito||Japan||8|
|Eichardts Private Hotel||Queenstown||New Zealand||8|
|Heritage Le Tefair Golf & Wellness Resort||Bel Ombre||Mauritius||6|
|O Monot Hotel||Beirut||Lebanon||3|
|Olive Boutique Hotel||San Juan||Puerto Rico||5|
|The Marmara Bodrum||Bodrum||Turkey||4|
|Tongsai Pool Villas||Koh Samui||Thailand||7|
|Boutique Hotel Heidelberg Suites||Heidelberg||Germany||5|
|Boutique Hotel Wachtelhof||Hinterthal Maria Alm||Austria||6|
|Castle Hot Springs||Castle Hot Springs, AZ||USA||8|
|Cordée des Alpes||Verbier||Switzerland||6|
|Inn at English Harbour||English Harbour||Antigua and Barbuda||8|
|Mirror Lake Inn Resort & Spa||Lake Placid, NY||USA||6|
|The Reef by CuisinArt||Merrywing Bay||Anguilla||6|
|The Lodge & Spa at Pico Bonito||La Ceiba Atlantida||Honduras||5|
|La Casa Que Canta||Zihuatanejo||Mexico||7|
|Praia Art Resort||Isola di Capo Rizzuto||Italy||6|
|Tower Suites Reykjavik||Reykjavik||Iceland||8|
|Bolontiku Boutique Hotel and Spa||San Andres||Guatemala||4|
|Great Fosters||Egham||United Kingdom||5|
|Kasa Hotel Riviera Maya||Puerto Aventuras||Mexico||5|
|Vista Palazzo Lago di Como||Como||Italy||8|
|Lennox Miami Beach||Miami Beach||USA||6|
|Castello di Spaltenna||Gaiole in Chianti||Italy||6|
|Villa La Madonna||Monastero Bormida||Italy||6|
|Les Sources de Cheverny||Cheverny||France||6|
|Muh Shoou Xixi Hotel Hangzhou||Hangzhou||China||5|
|100 Rizes Seaside Resort||Gytheio||Greece||4|
|Greenhill Lodge||Hastings||New Zealand||8|
|Arima Hotel||San Sebastian||Spain||4|
|Le Refuge de la Traye||Meribel- Les Allues||France||8|
Featured photo of the French Coco Hotel courtesy of SLH.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.