Hyatt adds another 56 luxury hotels for award stays
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It’s been a busy year for the World of Hyatt program. From a new partnership with expedition company Lindblad to the addition of brands like Thompson and Joie de Vivre, Hyatt is working hard to expand the number of ways to earn and redeem points for its members.
Now, the program is back with a sixth round of integration from Small Luxury Hotels of the World — as of today, another 56 properties have been added to Hyatt’s award chart. Following previous additions from December, January, February, May and October, this brings the total number of SLH properties available using Hyatt points to over 300. When you consider that Hyatt’s own branded hotels number less than 1,000, this represents a fantastic expansion of the program’s award chart.
To celebrate, Hyatt is also launching a new promotion for stays at participating SLH properties. Members will earn 3,000 bonus points — worth $51 based on TPG’s most recent valuations — for every paid stay between December 10, 2019 and March 2, 2020. Registration is required by January 31, 2020, so visit this link to make sure you don’t miss out on a decent haul of Hyatt points.
Hyatt notes that the SLH partnership has added a total of 27 additional countries with participating properties for members to earn and redeem points, and the new additions as of today look quite enticing, including:
- Cordée des Alpes in Verbier, Switzerland
- Mirror Lake Inn Resort & Spa in Lake Placid, NY
- Tower Suites Reykjavik in Iceland
- Vista Palazzo Lago di Como in Italy
- Greenhill Lodge in Hastings, New Zealand
The new properties will offer the same earning rates and perks as previous additions. World of Hyatt members will earn 5 points per dollar spent on paid stays, and elite members will earn the standard bonuses. All Hyatt travelers, regardless of status, will enjoy a number of on-property benefits, including daily complimentary continental breakfast for two, a space-available, one-category room upgrade at check in, and early check-in/late checkout (subject to availability). You can find full details of the Hyatt-SLH partnership at this link.
Note that these properties also count as Hyatt hotels when you swipe the World of Hyatt Credit Card, so you’d earn an additional 4 Hyatt points per dollar spent, making this a terrific option for these stays.
All 56 of these new properties have also been added for award stays, and they cover the following categories, with standard award rates in parentheses:
- Category 3 (12,000 points per night): 1 hotel
- Category 4 (15,000 points): 5 hotels
- Category 5 (20,000 points): 10 hotels
- Category 6 (25,000 points): 17 hotels
- Category 7 (30,000 points): 13 hotels
- Category 8 (40,000 points): 10 hotels
Just remember that World of Hyatt will be adding peak and off-peak pricing starting in March 2020, so these award rates will fluctuate based on the dates of travel.
Hyatt has also updated its list of most popular markets for SLH reservations by members, with a familiar city on top:
- London, England (previously #2)
- Rome, Italy (previously #1)
- Shanghai, China (previously #4)
- Kyoto, Japan (new)
- Paris, France (new)
Here’s a full list of the new properties:
|Hotel Name||City||Country||Award category|
|Stoke Park||Stoke Poges||United Kingdom||5|
|Casa del Mar||Mykonos||Greece||8|
|Hotel San Regis||Paris||France||7|
|La Villa del Re||Sardinia||Italy||7|
|Le Pavillon des Lettres||Paris||France||6|
|Grand Barrail Chateau Hotel & Spa||Saint-Emilion||France||6|
|Hotel Aguas de Ibiza Lifestyle||Ibiza||Spain||7|
|Naman Retreat||Da Nang||Vietnam||7|
|The Celino South Beach||Miami Beach||USA||5|
|Domaine de Manville||Les Baux de Provence||France||7|
|Grand Hotel Angiolieri||Sorrento||Italy||6|
|Hotel Byron||Forte dei Marmi||Italy||7|
|Hotel Le Pashmina Le Refuge||Val Thorens||France||8|
|Hotel Villa Ducale||Taormina||Italy||6|
|Le Clos Saint Martin Hotel & Spa||Saint Martin||France||7|
|Pädaste Manor||Muhu Island||Estonia||6|
|Abba Resorts Izu||Ito||Japan||8|
|Eichardts Private Hotel||Queenstown||New Zealand||8|
|Heritage Le Tefair Golf & Wellness Resort||Bel Ombre||Mauritius||6|
|O Monot Hotel||Beirut||Lebanon||3|
|Olive Boutique Hotel||San Juan||Puerto Rico||5|
|The Marmara Bodrum||Bodrum||Turkey||4|
|Tongsai Pool Villas||Koh Samui||Thailand||7|
|Boutique Hotel Heidelberg Suites||Heidelberg||Germany||5|
|Boutique Hotel Wachtelhof||Hinterthal Maria Alm||Austria||6|
|Castle Hot Springs||Castle Hot Springs, AZ||USA||8|
|Cordée des Alpes||Verbier||Switzerland||6|
|Inn at English Harbour||English Harbour||Antigua and Barbuda||8|
|Mirror Lake Inn Resort & Spa||Lake Placid, NY||USA||6|
|The Reef by CuisinArt||Merrywing Bay||Anguilla||6|
|The Lodge & Spa at Pico Bonito||La Ceiba Atlantida||Honduras||5|
|La Casa Que Canta||Zihuatanejo||Mexico||7|
|Praia Art Resort||Isola di Capo Rizzuto||Italy||6|
|Tower Suites Reykjavik||Reykjavik||Iceland||8|
|Bolontiku Boutique Hotel and Spa||San Andres||Guatemala||4|
|Great Fosters||Egham||United Kingdom||5|
|Kasa Hotel Riviera Maya||Puerto Aventuras||Mexico||5|
|Vista Palazzo Lago di Como||Como||Italy||8|
|Lennox Miami Beach||Miami Beach||USA||6|
|Castello di Spaltenna||Gaiole in Chianti||Italy||6|
|Villa La Madonna||Monastero Bormida||Italy||6|
|Les Sources de Cheverny||Cheverny||France||6|
|Muh Shoou Xixi Hotel Hangzhou||Hangzhou||China||5|
|100 Rizes Seaside Resort||Gytheio||Greece||4|
|Greenhill Lodge||Hastings||New Zealand||8|
|Arima Hotel||San Sebastian||Spain||4|
|Le Refuge de la Traye||Meribel- Les Allues||France||8|
Featured photo of the French Coco Hotel courtesy of SLH.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees