Bordeaux, the Swiss Alps, Florence, Rome and more: Hyatt continues its expansion in Europe
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Ready your World of Hyatt points for a trip to Europe.
We’ve known for a while that Europe has a whole lot of Hyatt coming down the pipeline. And among the recent Hyatt hotel openings on the continent are such diverse and exciting properties as the 7Pines Resort Ibiza in Spain, the storied Hotel du Palais Biarritz in France overlooking the Grande Plage, Hyatt Place London City East and Hyatt Regency Zurich Airport The Circle in Switzerland.
And yesterday, Hyatt Hotel Corporation announced that a Hyatt affiliate has entered into six new management and franchise agreements for additional hotels and properties in Spain, France, Germany, Italy and Switzerland across such diverse brands as The Unbound Collection by Hyatt, JdV by Hyatt, Hyatt Centric and Hyatt Regency.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
It’s proof that Hyatt is making good on its commitment to grow its portfolio across Europe in response to a growing desire from travelers and hotels owners in search of unique and differentiated travel experiences and stays.
The news comes on top of the recently announced planned acquisition of Apple Leisure Group by Hyatt, adding all-inclusive offerings in places like the Canary Islands, Ibiza and Menorca in Spain as well as Greece to the World of Hyatt mix. That acquisition alone will expand Hyatt’s brand foothold by 60% in Europe.
And while several of the newly executed deals from yesterday’s announcement won’t bear fruit in the form of a new Hyatt stay in Europe for several years, there are some pretty cool properties across some of our favorite European cities making their way to fruition as early as this fall.
Among the coming-very-soon franchise agreements being taken over by a Hyatt affiliate is the historic Il Tornabuoni Hotel in Florence, Italy, a 62-room luxury boutique hotel with Renaissance-era roots expected to open in October 2021 as the first Hyatt-branded property in Florence.
Also slated to open in October 2021 as a Hyatt, The Tribune Hotel in Rome is joining the JdV brand, marking another milestone for Hyatt as it will be the brand’s first property in the Eternal City. The 52-room property has a rooftop terrace with views of Villa Borghese and is right off the Via Veneto in the center of Rome.
France’s Hyatt hotels have, until recently, mostly been concentrated in Paris and the Cote d’Azur. But the country’s Atlantic coast will be saying bienvenue to a new Hyatt next year when the JdV by Hyatt brand debuts its first hotel in Bordeaux, slated to open sometime in 2022. The 147-room property will have a restaurant and bar highlighting the region’s renowned terroir as well as a private rooftop speakeasy bar.
In 2023, the addition of hotel Rhodania to The Unbound Collection by Hyatt means a new Hyatt address in the Swiss Alps. Situated in Crans-Montana in the French-speaking part of Switzerland’s Valais canton, right on the third hole of the Severiano Ballesteros golf course, the property puts year-round leisure pursuits such as skiing, golf, hiking and mountain biking at guests’ doorsteps, delivering on Hyatt’s push to provide more experiential options in response to perceived growing demand in that niche.
And while the Park Hyatt Hamburg has long been a fixture in Germany’s Hanseatic city on the Elbe River, Hyatt Centric has plans in the works for its first German debut with the 2025 opening of the Hyatt Centric Altstadt Hamburg along the city’s main shopping street, the Moenckebergstrasse.
The sixth franchise agreement just announced by Hyatt is the expansion of the current hotel accommodations at the Hyatt Regency Hesperia Madrid to extend to a residential component. The Hyatt Regency Madrid Residences will feature 22 apartments in a new complex at Paseo de la Castellana, within convenient striking distance of embassies, international businesses and diplomatic offices in the heart of Spain’s financial capital.
Hyatt’s unfolding expansion in Europe is an exciting development on the continent we’ll continue to monitor closely. Check this space for updates as reward information and new openings are announced.
Featured photo of Hotel Il Tornabuoni in Florence courtesy of Hyatt.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees