Hyatt unveils massive expansion plans for Europe
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Hyatt is expanding its presence in Europe with a special emphasis on several new properties opening within the U.K.
In late November, Hyatt announced its plans to open its only Park Hyatt in London. The hotel, which is expected to open in 2022, will be located within the Nine Elms development on the south bank of the Thames. In total, there will be 203 rooms in the Park Hyatt London River Thames, which will have an “international focus,” given its close proximity to the U.S. Embassy.
“The addition of the Park Hyatt brand to London is a key milestone for Hyatt,” Hyatt VP of Development Europe Felicity Black-Roberts said in a statement. “It has always been a priority to bring our luxury Park Hyatt brand back to London, so this is a fantastic opportunity for us.”
Last week, the chain also announced its plans to develop a new Hyatt Regency hotel in West London. The 196-room hotel will open in 2024, called the Hyatt Regency London Olympia. When the hotel opens, it will become the eighth Hyatt property in London.
Currently, Hyatt has five properties open in London: Hyatt Regency London — The Churchill, Andaz London Liverpool Street, Hyatt Place West London Hayes, Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport and Great Scotland Yard Hotel. Additionally, the chain has plans to open Hyatt Place London City/East in 2021.
Elsewhere around the U.K., Hyatt has properties in Manchester and Birmingham, among others. It plans to open the Hyatt Centric Cambridge and Hyatt Regency Edinburgh within the next two years.
But it’s not just the U.K. that Hyatt is targeting. It also plans to grow its footprint throughout Europe. This week, the brand announced its plans to grow its European portfolio by more than 30% by the end of 2023.
In total, that will see more than 20 hotels opened around the continent. Hyatt’s not just looking at destinations where it already has a presence, either. The brand plans to open hotels in nine new countries.
Already this year, Hyatt’s opened hotels in Malta, Bulgaria, France and Sweden.
“Hyatt is in the process of transforming the hotel landscape in Europe with planned openings for new Hyatt-branded hotels in some of the most sought-after leisure destinations in the world,” said Hyatt SVP Real Estate and Development Peter Norman. “Supported by strong brand recognition and demand for the high-quality experiences for which Hyatt is known, we look forward to welcoming guests and World of Hyatt members in these key European destinations.”
Here’s a look at Hyatt’s expansion plans for the continent:
- Hyatt Regency Tirana — under development
- Hyatt Regency Sofia — opened September 2020
- Grand Hyatt Limassol — under development
- Andaz Prague — under development
- Grand Hansa Hotel, Helsinki — under development
- Hyatt House Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport — opened October 2020
- Hyatt Place Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport — opened October 2020
- Hyatt Place Cannes — under development
- Hyatt Place Rouen — under development
- The Wellem, Düsseldorf — rebranded from Hyatt House Düsseldorf/Andreas Quarter in November 2020
- Hyatt House Frankfurt Goettheplatz — under development
- Hyatt Centric Reykjavik — under development
- Hyatt Regency Malta — opened October 2020
- Hyatt Regency Lisbon — under development
- Andaz Lisbon — under development
- Hyatt Place Krakow — under development
- Hyatt Regency Rostov on Don — under development
- The former Byblos Hotel — under development
- Hotell Reisen, Stockholm — opened on 1 December 2020
- Hyatt Regency Zurich Airport The Circle — under development
- Hyatt Place Zurich Airport The Circle — under development
- Alila La Gruyère — under development
- Hyatt Regency Izmir Istinye Park — under development
- Park Hyatt London River Thames in London’s Nine Elms development — under development
- Hyatt Regency Edinburgh Marina, Scotland — under development
- Hyatt Regency London Olympia — under development
- Hyatt Place London City East — under development
- Hyatt Centric Cambridge — under development
Hyatt’s expansion in Europe is a promising one. Specifically, in the U.K., the hotel giant is placing a special emphasis. Unfortunately, at this time, most of the properties don’t have planned opening dates. However, for those in the U.K., they’ll likely be opening their doors in the next three to four years.
One of the biggest gaps in the Hyatt portfolio has historically been within Europe. However, Hyatt has clearly noted that and attempted to close that gap with its planned expansion.
Featured photo courtesy of Hyatt.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.