Hyatt unveils massive expansion plans for Europe
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Hyatt is expanding its presence in Europe with a special emphasis on several new properties opening within the U.K.
In late November, Hyatt announced its plans to open its only Park Hyatt in London. The hotel, which is expected to open in 2022, will be located within the Nine Elms development on the south bank of the Thames. In total, there will be 203 rooms in the Park Hyatt London River Thames, which will have an “international focus,” given its close proximity to the U.S. Embassy.
“The addition of the Park Hyatt brand to London is a key milestone for Hyatt,” Hyatt VP of Development Europe Felicity Black-Roberts said in a statement. “It has always been a priority to bring our luxury Park Hyatt brand back to London, so this is a fantastic opportunity for us.”
Last week, the chain also announced its plans to develop a new Hyatt Regency hotel in West London. The 196-room hotel will open in 2024, called the Hyatt Regency London Olympia. When the hotel opens, it will become the eighth Hyatt property in London.
Currently, Hyatt has five properties open in London: Hyatt Regency London — The Churchill, Andaz London Liverpool Street, Hyatt Place West London Hayes, Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport and Great Scotland Yard Hotel. Additionally, the chain has plans to open Hyatt Place London City/East in 2021.
Elsewhere around the U.K., Hyatt has properties in Manchester and Birmingham, among others. It plans to open the Hyatt Centric Cambridge and Hyatt Regency Edinburgh within the next two years.
But it’s not just the U.K. that Hyatt is targeting. It also plans to grow its footprint throughout Europe. This week, the brand announced its plans to grow its European portfolio by more than 30% by the end of 2023.
In total, that will see more than 20 hotels opened around the continent. Hyatt’s not just looking at destinations where it already has a presence, either. The brand plans to open hotels in nine new countries.
Already this year, Hyatt’s opened hotels in Malta, Bulgaria, France and Sweden.
“Hyatt is in the process of transforming the hotel landscape in Europe with planned openings for new Hyatt-branded hotels in some of the most sought-after leisure destinations in the world,” said Hyatt SVP Real Estate and Development Peter Norman. “Supported by strong brand recognition and demand for the high-quality experiences for which Hyatt is known, we look forward to welcoming guests and World of Hyatt members in these key European destinations.”
Here’s a look at Hyatt’s expansion plans for the continent:
- Hyatt Regency Tirana — under development
- Hyatt Regency Sofia — opened September 2020
- Grand Hyatt Limassol — under development
- Andaz Prague — under development
- Grand Hansa Hotel, Helsinki — under development
- Hyatt House Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport — opened October 2020
- Hyatt Place Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport — opened October 2020
- Hyatt Place Cannes — under development
- Hyatt Place Rouen — under development
- The Wellem, Düsseldorf — rebranded from Hyatt House Düsseldorf/Andreas Quarter in November 2020
- Hyatt House Frankfurt Goettheplatz — under development
- Hyatt Centric Reykjavik — under development
- Hyatt Regency Malta — opened October 2020
- Hyatt Regency Lisbon — under development
- Andaz Lisbon — under development
- Hyatt Place Krakow — under development
- Hyatt Regency Rostov on Don — under development
- The former Byblos Hotel — under development
- Hotell Reisen, Stockholm — opened on 1 December 2020
- Hyatt Regency Zurich Airport The Circle — under development
- Hyatt Place Zurich Airport The Circle — under development
- Alila La Gruyère — under development
- Hyatt Regency Izmir Istinye Park — under development
- Park Hyatt London River Thames in London’s Nine Elms development — under development
- Hyatt Regency Edinburgh Marina, Scotland — under development
- Hyatt Regency London Olympia — under development
- Hyatt Place London City East — under development
- Hyatt Centric Cambridge — under development
Hyatt’s expansion in Europe is a promising one. Specifically, in the U.K., the hotel giant is placing a special emphasis. Unfortunately, at this time, most of the properties don’t have planned opening dates. However, for those in the U.K., they’ll likely be opening their doors in the next three to four years.
One of the biggest gaps in the Hyatt portfolio has historically been within Europe. However, Hyatt has clearly noted that and attempted to close that gap with its planned expansion.
Featured photo courtesy of Hyatt.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees