Hyatt and Lindblad Expeditions Launch Partnership With New Ways to Earn and Redeem Points
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Between strengthening its ties with American Airlines and adding dozens of high-end hotels to its portfolio, 2019 has been a very exciting year for The World of Hyatt program. Hyatt just announced yet another partnership, this time with Lindblad Expeditions. It will allow members to earn and redeem points and get special perks on expedition cruises and adventure travel experiences.
Members will be able to pay for these experiences using Hyatt points or with cash through the FIND platform — or any other co-branded Hyatt site. When paying out of pocket, members will earn 5 base points per dollar on eligible spend (excluding incidentals), plus the standard bonuses for Hyatt elite members, as well as elite tier-qualifying night credits. And all members — regardless of status — will enjoy a $250 onboard credit to use on incidentals such as spa services, alcoholic beverages, excursions, classes or souvenirs and supplies.
Additionally, starting later Tuesday afternoon, members will have the opportunity to bid on two limited-time Lindblad Expeditions through FIND auctions using World of Hyatt points.
The first auction is for a five-day wild California escape at Channel Islands National Park, plus accommodations and a culinary experience at Andaz West Hollywood in California. The second auction is for a photography excursion in New York City alongside Ralph Lee Hopkins, the director of Expedition Photography for Lindblad Expeditions and a National Geographic photographer. The package also includes a two-night stay at Andaz Wall Street in New York City.
Lindblad Expeditions has 14 vessels, built to hold between 28 and 148 guests, and hosts over 300 expedition trips per year to destinations where, previously, you would really struggle to earn or redeem World of Hyatt Points such as the Arctic Svalbard islands, Antarctica and the Galápagos. Travelers can also find expeditions to the Amazon, Africa, the British Isles and more. Lindblad Expeditions works in partnership with National Geographic on its ship-based voyages to promote conservation and sustainable tourism while allowing travelers to interact with and learn from leading scientists, naturalists and researchers.
“Our members tell us they want to return from a trip having experienced something new. They see traveling as a way to experience other people, places and cultures and desire authentic, expansive and real-world experiences,” said Amy Weinberg, senior vice president, World of Hyatt, in a statement.
It’s great to see that Hyatt is committed to giving members more opportunities to earn and redeem points beyond traditional hotel stays. Aside from the loyalty collaboration with American Airlines, Hyatt recently expanded its partnership with Small Luxury Hotels of the World (which now has over 150 integrated properties after November, January and February launches) and is in the process of integrating Two Roads Hospitality brands, including properties in brands like Joie de Vivre, Thompson Hotels, Destination Hotels and Alila Hotels.
Featured image courtesy of Lindblad Expeditions.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees