Hyatt and Lindblad Expeditions Launch Partnership With New Ways to Earn and Redeem Points
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Between strengthening its ties with American Airlines and adding dozens of high-end hotels to its portfolio, 2019 has been a very exciting year for The World of Hyatt program. Hyatt just announced yet another partnership, this time with Lindblad Expeditions. It will allow members to earn and redeem points and get special perks on expedition cruises and adventure travel experiences.
Members will be able to pay for these experiences using Hyatt points or with cash through the FIND platform — or any other co-branded Hyatt site. When paying out of pocket, members will earn 5 base points per dollar on eligible spend (excluding incidentals), plus the standard bonuses for Hyatt elite members, as well as elite tier-qualifying night credits. And all members — regardless of status — will enjoy a $250 onboard credit to use on incidentals such as spa services, alcoholic beverages, excursions, classes or souvenirs and supplies.
Additionally, starting later Tuesday afternoon, members will have the opportunity to bid on two limited-time Lindblad Expeditions through FIND auctions using World of Hyatt points.
The first auction is for a five-day wild California escape at Channel Islands National Park, plus accommodations and a culinary experience at Andaz West Hollywood in California. The second auction is for a photography excursion in New York City alongside Ralph Lee Hopkins, the director of Expedition Photography for Lindblad Expeditions and a National Geographic photographer. The package also includes a two-night stay at Andaz Wall Street in New York City.
Lindblad Expeditions has 14 vessels, built to hold between 28 and 148 guests, and hosts over 300 expedition trips per year to destinations where, previously, you would really struggle to earn or redeem World of Hyatt Points such as the Arctic Svalbard islands, Antarctica and the Galápagos. Travelers can also find expeditions to the Amazon, Africa, the British Isles and more. Lindblad Expeditions works in partnership with National Geographic on its ship-based voyages to promote conservation and sustainable tourism while allowing travelers to interact with and learn from leading scientists, naturalists and researchers.
“Our members tell us they want to return from a trip having experienced something new. They see traveling as a way to experience other people, places and cultures and desire authentic, expansive and real-world experiences,” said Amy Weinberg, senior vice president, World of Hyatt, in a statement.
It’s great to see that Hyatt is committed to giving members more opportunities to earn and redeem points beyond traditional hotel stays. Aside from the loyalty collaboration with American Airlines, Hyatt recently expanded its partnership with Small Luxury Hotels of the World (which now has over 150 integrated properties after November, January and February launches) and is in the process of integrating Two Roads Hospitality brands, including properties in brands like Joie de Vivre, Thompson Hotels, Destination Hotels and Alila Hotels.
Featured image courtesy of Lindblad Expeditions.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.