This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The Chase Sapphire Preferred Card is one of TPGs top travel rewards cards for a reason. It earns valuable Ultimate Rewards points that can be transferred to partners like Hyatt, British Airways or United Airlines for high-value redemptions including business-class flights or luxury hotels.
And if transferring points isn’t your thing, you can book nearly any flight or hotel through Chase’s travel portal, which will still net a solid value from your points but end the worry of trying to find award availability. It has solid earn rates and travel perks, netting 2x points on all travel and dining purchases and offering benefits like rental car and travel insurance. You also receive 25% more value for your points when you redeem them for travel in the Chase portal.
So when Chase announced it would be bumping up the sign-up bonus on the Sapphire Preferred Card to 60,000 points after you spend $4,000 in the first 3 months (worth $1,200 according to TPG’s valuations), it made it even more of a no-brainer for travelers to add to their rewards arsenal.
We asked TPG readers what would they do if they had 60,000 Ultimate Rewards points to blow. And in the spirit of award travel, we’d make one lucky reader’s dream a reality.
After all the votes were tallied, TPG reader Ahsan R. was randomly picked as the victor, writing that he’d transfer the points to Hyatt and book two nights at the world-class Park Hyatt Paris Vendôme. One of the top hotels in Paris (especially if you want to redeem points), the Park Hyatt sports ultra-luxe accommodations and fantastic amenities — paid rooms can cost as much as $2,000 a night, meaning Ahsan was truly maximizing the value of his points. He’ll be surprising his wife with a Valentine’s Day trip to Paris to celebrate their two-year anniversary.
- I would fly with my wife to Haiti from Miami to Port-au-Prince using 30,000 British Airways Avios (round-trip for both passengers) and use the remaining 30,000 points to book a weekend beach hotel for us and the kids of an orphanage that we always visit.
- I’d transfer the points to World of Hyatt and redeem for two nights at the $1000+/nightly Park Hyatt Tokyo! My wife and I would enjoy the hotel in true “Lost in Translation” style… wearing the comfy yukatas, doing laps in the top-floor pool with a view out to Mt. Fuji and relaxing in this comfortable oasis in the midst of a frenetic city.
- If I were to win 60,000 Chase points, I would use them toward a trip to Hawaii. My husband and I got married back in 2017 and decided to put a trip to Hawaii on hold, given the expenses we were incurring purchasing a new home and paying for a wedding all in the same year. This would be one last big excursion for us as a family of two before we start to have a bigger family!
- I’d transfer those Chase Rewards points to British Airways and use them to book a flight for four (plus a lap infant) on BA’s partner, American Airlines, to Bermuda for only 15,000 Avios each. It’s a great way to take my new wife and stepchildren out of the country for the first time.
- I would spend 2 nights at the St. Regis Bora Bora Resort! My twin sister is now officially cancer free and we said when she beat it, we’d go on a tropical vacation – but we can’t afford it. This would definitely help!
- My wife and I are planning a trip to Peru next year to hike Machu Picchu. If we had 60,000 Chase points, we would transfer them to United MileagePlus (to fly on United metal) or to British Airways to use Avios (to fly American) to book a round-trip award ticket from DFW -> LIM.
If those ideas got the gears spinning in your head, make sure to check out our articles on how to maximize Chase Ultimate Rewards points:
Featured image by The Points Guy Staff.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees