In Chicago, Hilton opens its 100th Curio Collection property — plus 5 of our favorite Curio hotels
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Hilton shared on Thursday the news that it had officially opened its 100th property in the Curio Collection by Hilton: Sable at Navy Pier in Chicago.
As its name would suggest, the brand-new hotel is at the city’s popular Navy Pier, a sight that attracts about 9 million visitors a year, according to a press release from Hilton. In addition to the brand-new Curio Collection hotel, it’s home to public parks, restaurants, shopping, a large Ferris wheel — known as the Centennial Wheel — and more.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Sable is Navy Pier’s first hotel in its 100-plus-year history. It features 223 rooms and suites trimmed with decor and furniture that echoes the nautical feel and history of Navy Pier.
According to Hilton, “Each room boasts floor-to-ceiling windows with unparalleled lake and skyline views, along with corner room upgrades, serenity beds and spacious living room areas. The angled surfaces of each room’s window seat create a textured exterior that allows the ever-changing range of light, shadow and color of the lake to reflect within the space, offering a truly unique perspective for locals and out of towners alike.”
Guests can expect multiple on-site dining options, including Offshore Rooftop and Bar, which is “the world’s largest rooftop restaurant [and] bar recognized by Guinness Book of Records,” almost 45,000 square-feet of event and meeting space (hopefully we’ll be able to utilize all that space very soon) and more.
Rooms are available to book now with rates starting from $173 or 42,000 Hilton Honors points per night.
Hilton’s Curio Collection has grown impressively over the years and the opening of its 100th property shows the chain is committed to further expansion of this collection of independent, boutique-style hotels.
Similar to Hyatt and Marriott, Hilton sees value in providing travelers with unique, independent hotels in some destinations not typically served well by a full-scale chain property or places that call for something more special than a legacy Hilton brand.
Of course, though, the advantage of a Curio Collection property is the properties fall under Hilton’s brand standards, which is especially important now given the ongoing pandemic, and they allow guests to earn and redeem Honors points for stays and provide all the perks that elite members are entitled to.
Let’s take a look at a few other noteworthy Curio Collection properties from around the world that you may not have even known fall into the Hilton family:
The Trafalgar St. James London, Curio Collection by Hilton
In the heart of Central London, The Trafalgar St. James is an ideal base to explore one of the world’s most vibrant cities. The National Gallery is practically at the hotel’s doorstep and Buckingham Palace is just a short walk away. Back at the hotel, enjoy a refreshing cocktail with stunning views of the city from The Rooftop, a bar and lounge featuring al fresco tables for drinking and eating.
Grand Hotel des Sablettes Plage, Curio Collection by Hilton
This seaside gem dating back to the 1880s is an idyllic place to relax and take in the slow pace of life in the South of France. In between Marseille and Nice, the Grand Hotel des Sablettes provides guests with direct access to the Mediterranean Sea and the Promenade Jean Charcot for exquisite dining options. The resort offers a full spa with indoor and outdoor pools and a stunning deck perfect for catching rays of sun during the long summer days.
Hotel del Coronado, Curio Collection by Hilton
With an illustrious history spanning over 130 years, the Hotel del Coronado near San Diego ranks up there with some of the most iconic hotels in the U.S. The hotel’s grand design with its instantly recognizable red roof has been a hotspot for anyone looking to enjoy Southern California’s favorable weather and beautiful beaches throughout its history. Guests can choose between numerous dining and drinking options as well as take advantage of the hotel’s full-service spa and fitness center.
Hoodoo Moab, Curio Collection by Hilton
Just a 10-minute drive from Arches National Park, the Hoodoo Moab is an oasis in the middle of the desert. Take in views of the magnificent red rocks from practically all points on the property, take a dip in the refreshing outdoor pool and unwind with a glass of wine at the hotel’s steakhouse or with a relaxing massage at the full-service spa.
Kyukaruizawa Kikyo, Curio Collection by Hilton
Located in the mountains near Nagano, Japan, the Kyukaruizawa hotel is a traditional Japanese retreat ideally located for exploring the beautiful landscape — a nice change of pace from the frenetic cities of the country. The hotel has a Japanese public bath, two spas, a beautiful courtyard lined with trees and more. One of the on-site restaurants is helmed by Chef Manami Ishii, who earned a Michelin star at another restaurant in Japan.
Featured image courtesy of Hilton
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.