Hawaii ending all restrictions on inter-island travel
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Hawaii is ending all restrictions on inter-island travel July 8, 2021, Hawaiian Airlines confirmed.
Those traveling within the Hawaiian Islands will be exempt from travel requirements, including pre-travel COVID-19 testing, vaccination and quarantine.
The lift of inter-island restrictions aligns with Gov. David Ige’s announcement on June 24 that the state would be eliminating all pre-travel testing and quarantine requirements for fully vaccinated domestic travelers due to an anticipated 60 percent vaccination rate.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
For those coming from the continental U.S. to Hawaii, travel restrictions will continue to be enforced. Vaccinated travelers must upload their CDC-issued vaccination card to the state’s Safe Travels Program and also bring the paper card with them for review upon arrival, in addition to completing a mandatory health questionnaire via Safe Travels. Vaccinated travelers can bypass an otherwise mandatory 10-day quarantine on day 15 of being fully vaccinated.
For those unvaccinated who do not wish to quarantine upon arrival, you may do so by taking a pre-travel COVID-19 test from a state-approved testing provider and uploading negative test results to Safe Travels prior to your flight to Hawaii. Otherwise, you will be subjected to a mandatory 10-day self-quarantine.
Capacity for social activities will also be increased on July to 25 people and 75 people indoors and outdoors respectively, along with will restaurants who will be able to serve up to 75 percent of patrons.
“We anticipate that on or about July 8, Hawai‘i will have achieved a 60% vaccination rate. Our residents have sacrificed and worked hard to get to this point, but we still have more to do,” Ige said in a statement. “Please get vaccinated to protect yourselves and your loved ones. We are close to achieving a 70% vaccination rate, at which point all restrictions will end and we can return to the lives we remember.”
Face masks are still required at airports and on flights.
Our complete guide to visiting Hawaii right now can be found here.
Featured image of Kona International Airport March 15, 2021 in Hawaii by Clint Henderson/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees