Boeing’s First 777x to Roll out of Everett Factory Next Week
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Boeing’s largest single-deck airliner will hit a major milestone next week, when it rolls out of the company’s Everett, Washington, facility on March 13. In addition to larger windows, enhanced lighting and other passenger improvements, the 777X features special foldable wingtips, making it possible to expand the total wingspan while still enabling the aircraft to access existing gates.
There will be two models — the longer-range 777-8, capable of flying just over 10,000 miles without a stop, and the larger 777-9, with seating for up to 425, depending on the configuration.
So far, a handful of airlines have signed on to operate the 777X, including the seven carriers below, plus British Airways, which just confirmed plans to order 18 Boeing 777-9s to replace its aging 747-400 fleet.
The first 777X will be used for initial flight testing beginning later this year, with the wide-body jet expected to enter passenger service sometime in 2020.
TPG will attend Boeing’s rollout event next week — stay tuned to the site and our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts for more. In the meantime, for a closer look at Boeing’s latest wide-body jet, see:
- First Look: Inside Boeing’s New 777X
- Boeing Gets Regulatory Approval for 777X Foldable Wingtips
- Create Your Own World’s Longest Flight on Boeing’s Private 777X
Featured image courtesy of Boeing.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.