Boeing’s First 777x to Roll out of Everett Factory Next Week
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Boeing’s largest single-deck airliner will hit a major milestone next week, when it rolls out of the company’s Everett, Washington, facility on March 13. In addition to larger windows, enhanced lighting and other passenger improvements, the 777X features special foldable wingtips, making it possible to expand the total wingspan while still enabling the aircraft to access existing gates.
There will be two models — the longer-range 777-8, capable of flying just over 10,000 miles without a stop, and the larger 777-9, with seating for up to 425, depending on the configuration.
So far, a handful of airlines have signed on to operate the 777X, including the seven carriers below, plus British Airways, which just confirmed plans to order 18 Boeing 777-9s to replace its aging 747-400 fleet.
The first 777X will be used for initial flight testing beginning later this year, with the wide-body jet expected to enter passenger service sometime in 2020.
TPG will attend Boeing’s rollout event next week — stay tuned to the site and our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts for more. In the meantime, for a closer look at Boeing’s latest wide-body jet, see:
- First Look: Inside Boeing’s New 777X
- Boeing Gets Regulatory Approval for 777X Foldable Wingtips
- Create Your Own World’s Longest Flight on Boeing’s Private 777X
Featured image courtesy of Boeing.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees