Join our Facebook panel discussion this week on travel safety
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It’s Travel Safety Week here at TPG, and our team is hard at work putting out everything you need to know about staying safe when you hit the road this summer — and beyond.
And, later this week, you’ll have a chance to hear directly from a panel of experts on this very topic.
Join me and my colleague, TPG senior travel reporter Victoria Walker, as we sit down with Karin King, deputy assistant secretary for overseas citizens services at the U.S. State Department, and Erin Petersen, editor-in-chief at Healthline.com (which is owned by TPG’s parent company, Red Ventures). We have a myriad of topics lined up for the panel, including the current state of travel, ongoing safety protocols, solo travel and international travel.
Date: Thursday, May 20, 2021
Time: 5 p.m. ET / 2 p.m. PT
Location: TPG’s Facebook group — confirm your attendance here
King has been a part of the State Department’s foreign service since 1991 including stints in Mexico, Poland, the Bahamas, Trinidad and Germany. As part of the Bureau of Consular Affairs, her office helps coordinate a variety of initiatives for U.S. residents visiting (or living in) other countries. This includes providing support to victims of crime, offering (temporary) emergency financial assistance and helping with documentation needs such as lost passports and birth certificates for U.S. citizens born overseas.
It also administers the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (or STEP, for short) — which can be a great option for American travelers abroad.
And Petersen has been with Healthline Media for nearly nine years, assuming her current role as editor-in-chief of Healthline.com in July 2019. As the top health information website in the U.S., Healthline covers all facets of both physical and mental well-being — both of which took serious hits due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
As experts in their respective fields, both King and Erin are perfectly positioned to discuss all aspects of staying safe and healthy while on the road.
Mark your calendars to attend this event this Thursday!
Featured photo by PeopleImages/Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees