European budget carrier LEVEL adds Boston-Paris nonstops
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Low-cost carrier LEVEL will join partner American Airlines beefing up transatlantic options from Boston next spring.
LEVEL, which is owned by International Airlines Group (IAG), the parent company of British Airways and Iberia, will launch thrice-weekly service between Boston Logan (BOS) and Paris Orly (ORY) on March 31, American said Monday. LEVEL operates Airbus A330-200 aircraft on long-haul routes.
The news about LEVEL’s new route was tucked into American’s announcement that it will resume European flights from Boston next spring, as well. The Oneworld Alliance carrier will offer once daily service to London Heathrow (LHR), for a total of five daily flights with its partner British Airways, from March 29.
The new routes come as U.S. carriers ratchet up international competition in Boston. Delta Air Lines touted international connections when it upgraded the city to a hub earlier this year, and JetBlue Airways plans to debut its first transatlantic flights to London from Logan and New York JFK in 2021.
American ended flights to Paris Charles de Gaulle (CDG) from Boston — its last route to Europe from Logan — in 2017. American flew to London until 2012, according to Diio by Cirium schedules.
LEVEL will compete against a number of carriers on the route. Delta and its joint-venture partner Air France already fly from Boston to Paris Charles de Gaulle, as does European low-cost giant Norwegian, Diio schedules show. LEVEL’s Boston-Paris service is slightly different in that it will operate to Paris’ secondary Orly airport.
Featured image by Daniel Luis Gómez Adenis/Wikimedia Commons.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees