Masks off at Walt Disney World? Here’s the latest news
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
You’ll soon be able to go maskless at Walt Disney World — for temporary outdoor photo ops only, that is.
Disney World adopted a strict mask policy when it reopened in July. Any guest, age 2 and up, is required to wear a face mask covering their nose and mouth in both outdoor and indoor settings on the property. The exceptions are while swimming or while dining (though you’d need to wear a mask while entering and exiting the restaurant). The mask rules were a bid to keep guests and cast members safe and healthy.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Now, as of Thursday, April 8, visitors to Walt Disney World will be given the go-ahead to temporarily take their masks off for outdoor photo opportunities around the complex. This is welcome news for parents that really didn’t want those enduring memories of Disney commemorated by photos of their masked kids.
This isn’t the first time the discussion of foregoing masks has come up. The topic came up in February during the company’s investors’ call. At that time, Disney felt that masks and social distancing would be a feature of its theme parks through 2021, but things would look much more normal in 2022.
Time will tell how soon we can all discard our masks but, for now, you can take a perfect photo at Disney without your face covering. Just remember to put it back on after you snap the pic.
Featured image by Caitie McCabe/Walt Disney World Resort
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees