Masks off at Walt Disney World? Here’s the latest news
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
You’ll soon be able to go maskless at Walt Disney World — for temporary outdoor photo ops only, that is.
Disney World adopted a strict mask policy when it reopened in July. Any guest, age 2 and up, is required to wear a face mask covering their nose and mouth in both outdoor and indoor settings on the property. The exceptions are while swimming or while dining (though you’d need to wear a mask while entering and exiting the restaurant). The mask rules were a bid to keep guests and cast members safe and healthy.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Now, as of Thursday, April 8, visitors to Walt Disney World will be given the go-ahead to temporarily take their masks off for outdoor photo opportunities around the complex. This is welcome news for parents that really didn’t want those enduring memories of Disney commemorated by photos of their masked kids.
This isn’t the first time the discussion of foregoing masks has come up. The topic came up in February during the company’s investors’ call. At that time, Disney felt that masks and social distancing would be a feature of its theme parks through 2021, but things would look much more normal in 2022.
Time will tell how soon we can all discard our masks but, for now, you can take a perfect photo at Disney without your face covering. Just remember to put it back on after you snap the pic.
Featured image by Caitie McCabe/Walt Disney World Resort
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 100,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $2,000
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.