Inaugural Service for Delta’s Retrofitted Boeing 767-400 Comes 4 Months Early
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Delta’s refurbished Boeing 767-400, slated to begin service in November, instead debuted early, filling in for a service from New York JFK to Los Angeles on Thursday. The updated plane features Delta’s flagship interior, with Delta One in business class, as well as the new Premium Select product for premium economy.
The plane’s inaugural flight, from Atlanta to London Heathrow, was originally scheduled for Nov. 12, but a last-minute equipment switch meant the plane took off four months ahead of schedule.
Swaps like this are fairly common for carriers. United debuted its Boeing 787-10 on a similar transcontinental flight from LAX to Newark last December, and Delta has surprised flyers with early reveals of both its Airbus A330-900neo and its retrofitted Boeing 777s in the past.
The updated plane sports 34 seats in Delta One in a 1-2-1 layout, and 20 Premium Select seats in a 2-2-2 configuration. An additional 28 seats are available in Comfort+, leaving 156 Main Cabin seats in the rear of the aircraft.
Featured photo by Darren Murph / The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.