Inaugural Service for Delta’s Retrofitted Boeing 767-400 Comes 4 Months Early
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Delta’s refurbished Boeing 767-400, slated to begin service in November, instead debuted early, filling in for a service from New York JFK to Los Angeles on Thursday. The updated plane features Delta’s flagship interior, with Delta One in business class, as well as the new Premium Select product for premium economy.
The plane’s inaugural flight, from Atlanta to London Heathrow, was originally scheduled for Nov. 12, but a last-minute equipment switch meant the plane took off four months ahead of schedule.
Swaps like this are fairly common for carriers. United debuted its Boeing 787-10 on a similar transcontinental flight from LAX to Newark last December, and Delta has surprised flyers with early reveals of both its Airbus A330-900neo and its retrofitted Boeing 777s in the past.
The updated plane sports 34 seats in Delta One in a 1-2-1 layout, and 20 Premium Select seats in a 2-2-2 configuration. An additional 28 seats are available in Comfort+, leaving 156 Main Cabin seats in the rear of the aircraft.
Featured photo by Darren Murph / The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees