Delta Matching JetBlue With New York JFK-Houston Intercontinental Route
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Delta Air Lines is adding flights between New York JFK and Houston Bush Intercontinental this fall, launching a route that will directly compete with one of its biggest rivals in the Northeast.
The SkyTeam Alliance carrier will offer twice-daily service between the airports from Oct. 27, according to Diio by Cirium schedules. The company will fly new Airbus A220s on the route.
“Our new twice-daily flight to Houston… marks another step in Delta’s ongoing investment to provide New York customers with the broadest network,” says Chuck Imhof, vice-president of New York and Sales-East Region at Delta.
While Delta already flies between New York LaGuardia (LGA) and Houston Intercontinental (IAH), the new route begins the same day that JetBlue Airways moves to Intercontinental from Houston Hobby (HOU). JetBlue serves Houston from both Boston Logan (BOS) and JFK.
Spirit Airlines and United Airlines also fly between the New York area and Houston Intercontinental, Diio data shows. Southwest Airlines flies to Houston Hobby from New York LaGuardia.
Delta plans to grow system capacity by roughly 3% in 2019, though analysts forecast that the increase could be closer to 4%.
Featured image courtesy of Delta Air Lines.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.