Delta Matching JetBlue With New York JFK-Houston Intercontinental Route
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Delta Air Lines is adding flights between New York JFK and Houston Bush Intercontinental this fall, launching a route that will directly compete with one of its biggest rivals in the Northeast.
The SkyTeam Alliance carrier will offer twice-daily service between the airports from Oct. 27, according to Diio by Cirium schedules. The company will fly new Airbus A220s on the route.
“Our new twice-daily flight to Houston… marks another step in Delta’s ongoing investment to provide New York customers with the broadest network,” says Chuck Imhof, vice-president of New York and Sales-East Region at Delta.
While Delta already flies between New York LaGuardia (LGA) and Houston Intercontinental (IAH), the new route begins the same day that JetBlue Airways moves to Intercontinental from Houston Hobby (HOU). JetBlue serves Houston from both Boston Logan (BOS) and JFK.
Spirit Airlines and United Airlines also fly between the New York area and Houston Intercontinental, Diio data shows. Southwest Airlines flies to Houston Hobby from New York LaGuardia.
Delta plans to grow system capacity by roughly 3% in 2019, though analysts forecast that the increase could be closer to 4%.
Featured image courtesy of Delta Air Lines.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees