JetBlue has moved to Houston Bush Intercontinental from Houston Hobby
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
JetBlue has closed up shop at Houston’s Hobby Airport (HOU) and has moved about 30 miles north to Houston’s Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH). The change took effect with Sunday’s schedule.
Those who live or travel to the Houston area are about to either cheer or groan as JetBlue has officially announced that they are closing up shop at Houston’s Hobby Airport (HOU) and moving about 30 miles north to Houston’s Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH). This change is effective on Oct. 27 as the final flights JetBlue from Hobby will take place on Oct. 26.
A 30-mile move may sound like much ado about nothing, but in Houston, miles spent in traffic can be counted in dog years as it can easily take well over an hour to go those 30 miles certain times of the day.
JetBlue’s new operations launched out of Terminal A in Bush Intercontinental, the same terminal where you will find an assortment of carriers such as Frontier, Delta, American, Alaska and Spirit. This also positions JetBlue at an airport with lounge options, such as the Amex Centurion Lounge (though in a different terminal).
Currently, JetBlue only operates flights from Houston to two destinations, and no additional route announcements to/from Houston accompanied the shift from Hobby to Bush Intercontinental.
As of Oct. 28, the new Houston new flight schedules will be:
- IAH – JFK Flight #1382 11:13am – 3:35pm
- JFK – IAH Flight #1381 1:06pm – 4:16pm
- IAH – BOS Flight #1932 5:01pm – 9:38pm
- BOS – IAH Flight #1931 7am – 10:28am
Passengers who had been booked on JetBlue flights to/from Hobby Airport after this transition were automatically rebooked on the new Bush Intercontinental flights. JetBlue offered refunds to passengers who wished to instead cancel their flights as a result of the airport change.
As someone who lives in the suburbs north of Houston, many in the Houston area do not consider two Houston airports to both be viable regular travel options and will choose the one closest to their home whenever possible. This move to the north will undoubtedly introduce additional Houston travelers to the JetBlue brand — and virtually guarantees my family will take advantage of their free inflight TV, Wi-Fi, snacks and industry-leading legroom in economy much more frequently.
Featured image by Alberto Riva / The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees