Delta’s Hiring 1,000 Flight Attendants in 2019
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Reading this at your desk job, longing for adventure? Would you describe yourself as a “dedicated, service-oriented professional who loves to be on-the-go, help others and enjoys variety in their work?”
If yes, Delta may well be the right next employer for you.
The carrier announced Monday that it’ll hire more than 1,000 new employees in 2019, the majority of which being flight attendants — arguably one of Delta’s most competitive job roles. In 2017, more than 270,000 candidates applied for around 1,700 open flight attendant positions.
Think you’ve got what it takes? Here’s what Delta requires of all applicants as a minimum:
- High school degree or GED
- Ability to work in the US
- English fluency
- At least 21 years of age by January 1, 2019
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
According to Delta, the best resumes will include:
- Experience at Delta, its subsidiaries or another airline
- More than one year of work experience
- Experience in roles involving customer service
- Experience in a role requiring specialized safety training and/or care of others
- Education beyond high school
- Fluency in a language other than English: These applicants are considered for “Language of Destination” flight attendant roles, which offer additional pay as well as special responsibilities
If this still sounds like your dream career, take a look at the job description on Delta’s website. And if you’re interested in learning more, Delta recently launched a 12-episode YouTube mini-series called “Earning our Wings.” The series follows five newly hired flight attendants through “a day in the life” of the airline’s eight-week training program at Delta’s Atlanta headquarters, which includes CPR, extinguishing fires, water evacuations and Delta One meal presentations.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees