This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Missed out on a chance to travel the world and get paid for it? Well, you might have a second chance because Virgin Atlantic is recruiting flight attendants to join its cabin crew based out of Gatwick (LGW) and Heathrow Airport (LHR).
The airline’s base salary for a flight attendant is £14,069 pro-rated (plus additional trip pay and onboard commissions — but those amounts are unclear). While the pay might not be sky-high, the airline promises perks like world travel opportunities, including up to seven flights a year to Virgin Atlantic global destinations. Additionally, if you’re selected as a cabin crew member, you’ll have a benefits package that includes a pension and private healthcare benefits, life insurance, child care vouchers and discounts across the Virgin Group of companies.
You don’t need prior cabin crew experience to apply. However, Virgin is looking for a person with proven history of delivering outstanding customer service with “enthusiasm, tons of resilience and a passion for people.” Safety and exceptional customer service are its top priority, according to the airline, so it says members of its cabin crew “must go out of your way to ensure a smooth, safe and fun journey for all our customers.”
Here are the job’s minimum criteria:
- You must have the right to live and work in the UK with no criminal convictions
- You must be aged 18 years or older before June 17
- You should hold a valid passport with no restrictions
- You need to be fluent in written and spoken English
- Minimum high school education or minimum of three General Certificate of Secondary Education (GCSE)
- Arm reach of 210 cm (about 83 in) while standing on tiptoes
- Be able to brace with your feet flat on the floor whilst sitting in the jump seat, which is 45cm (about 18 in) off the floor (this will be checked at interview stage also without shoes)
- Be a confident swimmer— you must be able to swim at least 25 meters (about 82 feet).
If you meet the criteria, you can submit an application online on Virgin Atlantic’s recruitment page. The application closes on June 17.
Featured image by Robin Marchant/Getty Images.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees