Delta flyers can now select their meals up to 21 days in advance
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Attention, foodies! You now have more time to order off the menu when you fly Delta Air Lines in first or business class.
Passengers traveling in Delta One and domestic first class can now use Delta’s app to select their inflight meal up to 21 days before the trip. The option to select a meal in advance originally was available only several days ahead of departure and only after receiving an invitation by email to do so.
The expansion of Delta’s meal selection was first promised in October as part of a series of upgrades to the Fly Delta app.
“This move follows rave reviews from customers who’ve already taken advantage of pre-select over email, where the program was initially offered,” the airline said last month as it previewed the menu change and other updates coming with the upgrade of its app.
Premium travelers will also be able to select meals for others on the same reservation. Those who do not self-select a meal in advance will still receive a reminder email as the departure date approaches. Those who do not select their meals in advance will still have a choice of onboard entrees, subject to availability.
The change to the meal ordering timeline is part of a series of updates Delta has made to its app, which is part of an even broader focus on passenger experience by the airline.
In recent moves, Delta has upgraded its international economy service and has been rolling out new and updated Sky Club lounges in cities across the U.S. New club locations include Austin (AUS), New Orleans (MSY) and Phoenix (PHX). There have even been “pop-up” Sky Clubs during the holidays. It’s all part of Delta’s effort to set itself apart from other U.S.-based carriers with enhanced service and amenities.
Featured photo by Darren Murph / The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees