Flying Delta long-haul economy? Your service has just been upgraded
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Delta’s international economy is going to start looking a little more premium today.
The airline has introduced a new service standard which will give Main Cabin passengers on flights scheduled for more than 6.5 hours a slew of new amenities. A few other shorter international flights will feature the improved service, too.
Shortly after takeoff, coach passengers on qualifying flights will be treated to a complimentary Bellini and hot towel. The improvements continue through the meal service, with more variable meal choices and larger portions. Even the plating will be improved, with less plastic wrap and better cutlery.
Snacks will be available on-demand for the whole flight, too.
“We want every customer, no matter where they sit on the flight, to know how much they’re appreciated,” Allison Ausband, Delta’s senior vice president of in-flight service said in a statement.
According to the airline, a team of more than 20 flight attendants helped design the new service, and it was tested and tweaked on more than 1,200 flights before today’s official introduction.
Featured photo courtesy of Delta Air Lines.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.