Delta Will Offer an Exclusive Woodford Reserve Bourbon in Sky Clubs, and You Can Help Curate It
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Speak with any Delta loyalist who appreciates spirits, and they’ll be familiar with two words: Woodford Reserve. It’s a go-to bourbon order for Delta’s most frequent fliers, and the onboard stash tends to go quick on weekend flights.
For connoisseurs of all things whiskey, Delta is serving up an intriguing way to spend your stash of SkyMiles. Through its SkyMiles Experiences portal — the same one that gave four lucky winners the chance to meet Delta’s first A220 before it took to the skies — the airline is offering SkyMiles members to “curate a unique bourbon exclusively for the Delta Sky Clubs with Master Distiller Chris Morris.”
Those who bid on one of three packages and end up winning will be in for quite the Kentucky treat. Each victor will gain access for two to tour the Brown-Forman Cooperage on March 28, 2019, where they will “experience the raising, charring and toasting of the barrels that are used for the aging of whiskies such as Jack Daniel’s, Woodford Reserve and Old Forester.”
You’ll also get a tour and tasting, dinner at Jeff Ruby Steakhouse and a hotel stay in downtown Louisville. Oh, and you’ll get a 1-liter bottle of Woodford Reserve personal selection “uniquely made during the tour which will be received at a later date after bottling.”
Even if you don’t participate in the experience auction, there’s something to look forward to. A limited edition run of Woodford Reserve, curated during the tour, will find its way into Sky Clubs at Delta’s home airport in Atlanta (ATL).
Delta informed me that flyers will see it “later this year” under the premium umbrella, with each pour setting you back $12 or 600 SkyMiles. It will only be available in pours and cocktails (e.g. no bottles for sale), so be sure to savor it while it lasts.
Featured image of Delta’s RDU Sky Club bar by the author.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.