Delta Will Offer an Exclusive Woodford Reserve Bourbon in Sky Clubs, and You Can Help Curate It
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Speak with any Delta loyalist who appreciates spirits, and they’ll be familiar with two words: Woodford Reserve. It’s a go-to bourbon order for Delta’s most frequent fliers, and the onboard stash tends to go quick on weekend flights.
For connoisseurs of all things whiskey, Delta is serving up an intriguing way to spend your stash of SkyMiles. Through its SkyMiles Experiences portal — the same one that gave four lucky winners the chance to meet Delta’s first A220 before it took to the skies — the airline is offering SkyMiles members to “curate a unique bourbon exclusively for the Delta Sky Clubs with Master Distiller Chris Morris.”
Those who bid on one of three packages and end up winning will be in for quite the Kentucky treat. Each victor will gain access for two to tour the Brown-Forman Cooperage on March 28, 2019, where they will “experience the raising, charring and toasting of the barrels that are used for the aging of whiskies such as Jack Daniel’s, Woodford Reserve and Old Forester.”
You’ll also get a tour and tasting, dinner at Jeff Ruby Steakhouse and a hotel stay in downtown Louisville. Oh, and you’ll get a 1-liter bottle of Woodford Reserve personal selection “uniquely made during the tour which will be received at a later date after bottling.”
Even if you don’t participate in the experience auction, there’s something to look forward to. A limited edition run of Woodford Reserve, curated during the tour, will find its way into Sky Clubs at Delta’s home airport in Atlanta (ATL).
Delta informed me that flyers will see it “later this year” under the premium umbrella, with each pour setting you back $12 or 600 SkyMiles. It will only be available in pours and cocktails (e.g. no bottles for sale), so be sure to savor it while it lasts.
Featured image of Delta’s RDU Sky Club bar by the author.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees