Delta Bringing Pre-Departure Meal Selection to Domestic First Class Passengers
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Just weeks after Delta announced that it was expanding its pre-select meal program to include all outbound and inbound Delta One routes, there’s more good news for domestic passengers traveling in the forward cabin.
During the airline’s Investor Day this week in New York City, it briefly made mention of its pre-select meal program expanding to domestic first class in Q1 2019.
No further details were shared on the program, but it is being reported that passengers will be able to select their meals ahead of departure via the web or Fly Delta app.
While the likes of Qatar Airways and Singapore Airlines have offered premium cabin clients the ability to peruse menus and select delicacies prior to departure, Delta’s twist on the scheme is relatively new. Closer to home, American Airlines rolled out a food pre-ordering system this summer for economy passengers on select routes. And, more recently, it partnered with Zoës Kitchen to stock fresh sandwiches, wraps and snacks.
The program will be in addition to the current system of selecting a special meal — vegetarian, gluten free, etc. — and is sure to be good news for those who get a fresh bout of anxiety whenever the crew begins to run low of the meal they’re gunning for. One thing we’ll be interested in testing: how far out one needs to book in order to pre-select a meal. For last-minute business travelers, that cutoff time will be significant.
H/T: Rene’s Points
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.