This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Just weeks after Delta announced that it was expanding its pre-select meal program to include all outbound and inbound Delta One routes, there’s more good news for domestic passengers traveling in the forward cabin.
During the airline’s Investor Day this week in New York City, it briefly made mention of its pre-select meal program expanding to domestic first class in Q1 2019.
No further details were shared on the program, but it is being reported that passengers will be able to select their meals ahead of departure via the web or Fly Delta app.
While the likes of Qatar Airways and Singapore Airlines have offered premium cabin clients the ability to peruse menus and select delicacies prior to departure, Delta’s twist on the scheme is relatively new. Closer to home, American Airlines rolled out a food pre-ordering system this summer for economy passengers on select routes. And, more recently, it partnered with Zoës Kitchen to stock fresh sandwiches, wraps and snacks.
The program will be in addition to the current system of selecting a special meal — vegetarian, gluten free, etc. — and is sure to be good news for those who get a fresh bout of anxiety whenever the crew begins to run low of the meal they’re gunning for. One thing we’ll be interested in testing: how far out one needs to book in order to pre-select a meal. For last-minute business travelers, that cutoff time will be significant.
H/T: Rene’s Points
With some great bonus categories, the American Express Gold Card has a lot going for it. The card offers 4x points at US restaurants, at US supermarkets (up to $25,000; then 1x), and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com. It is currently offering a welcome bonus of 35,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months.
- Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. restaurants. Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- Earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with The Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack, and Ruth's Chris Steak House. This is an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
- Choose to carry a balance with interest on eligible charges of $100 or more.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees