Delta Bringing Pre-Departure Meal Selection to Domestic First Class Passengers
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Just weeks after Delta announced that it was expanding its pre-select meal program to include all outbound and inbound Delta One routes, there’s more good news for domestic passengers traveling in the forward cabin.
During the airline’s Investor Day this week in New York City, it briefly made mention of its pre-select meal program expanding to domestic first class in Q1 2019.
No further details were shared on the program, but it is being reported that passengers will be able to select their meals ahead of departure via the web or Fly Delta app.
While the likes of Qatar Airways and Singapore Airlines have offered premium cabin clients the ability to peruse menus and select delicacies prior to departure, Delta’s twist on the scheme is relatively new. Closer to home, American Airlines rolled out a food pre-ordering system this summer for economy passengers on select routes. And, more recently, it partnered with Zoës Kitchen to stock fresh sandwiches, wraps and snacks.
The program will be in addition to the current system of selecting a special meal — vegetarian, gluten free, etc. — and is sure to be good news for those who get a fresh bout of anxiety whenever the crew begins to run low of the meal they’re gunning for. One thing we’ll be interested in testing: how far out one needs to book in order to pre-select a meal. For last-minute business travelers, that cutoff time will be significant.
H/T: Rene’s Points
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees