Delta Using Less Plastic in New Amenity Kits, Promises Better Headsets Soon
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Starting in mid-June, Delta passengers will see new amenity kits in Delta One, Premium Select, Comfort+ and Main Cabin. While the airline is sticking with Tumi — its amenity kit partner since 2013 — it’s introducing Le Labo on the fragrance side.
In speaking with TPG, Delta confirmed that the new kits will be phased in gradually around the globe, with customers flying out of New York–JFK on international and domestic transcontinental flights being the first to see them. There are no changes being made to the existing Westin Heavenly inflight bedding.
Malin+Goetz, which has been a staple in Delta’s amenity kits and Sky Club lounges, is taking a back seat. That company’s lip balm will still be included in Premium Select amenity kits, but Le Labo will be found in Delta One kits as well as over 50 Sky Club locations later this year as part of Delta’s new partnership.
Delta’s new kits, pictured throughout this article, use a lot less plastic, too. By removing plastic bags from the Tumi kits, Delta aims to divert 30,951 pounds of plastic from landfills in one year — roughly the weight of a CRJ-200 regional jet. Frequent Delta flyers will recognize that current kits have plastic wraps around the lotion and lip balm.
We’re expecting to put our hands on the new kits soon, though we can already say that we’ll miss the monogrammable 19 Degree hardshell kits from Tumi, first introduced in 2017. The new kits look snazzy enough, but appear to be smaller.
Additionally, Delta’s new Main Cabin and Delta Comfort+ kits have been updated to include packaging sourced from customer photos, featuring real snapshots from around the globe curated through #SkyMilesLife. (For tips on leveraging social media to enhance your travels, be sure to listen to our Miles Away podcast!)
If you’ve read our Delta One reviews of late, you’ll know that we’re not huge fans of the existing LSTN headphones. Meanwhile, rival American Airlines is treating its business class customers to Bang & Olufsen headsets. Delta isn’t divulging too many details, but the company is promising “refreshed earbuds and headsets” soon.
All images courtesy of Delta Air Lines.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees