Daily Getaways Week 4 and 5: Discounts on Purchasing Points, Las Vegas Stays, Universal Tickets and More
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
The Daily Getaways kicked off yesterday and thus far we've already had the option to purchase discounted IHG points and MGM Grand Las Vegas hotel packages. Originally when the promotion started, only the first three weeks were available to preview, despite it being a 5-week promotion. Fortunately, just two days into the promotion, they've announced the packages available for weeks 4 and 5 and they are pretty close to what I expected.
For starters, if you are new to the Daily Getaways promotion, they offer a new travel deal every Monday through Friday. Packages will go on sale at 1pm ET promptly. Some of the more popular offers or those with limited quantities will sell out within seconds, while others will be available for days after. If there is a certain package you are eyeing, I highly suggest to be at your computer by 12:59pm ET and refresh your browser until the purchase option is available.
Here are the new offers that were just announced today that will be available during the last two weeks of the promotion:
Discounted Hotel Stays
By far one of the most popular categories within the 5-week Daily Getaways promotion is the opportunity to stay at many different chain hotels for less. To add to the first three weeks (which include: purchasing discounted points at IHG Rewards Club, Wyndham Rewards, Choice Privileges, Best Western Reward points as well as discounted hotel stays at Loews and Omni properties), there are now three more opportunities to book a hotel for less:
- May 30:
- $100 Marriott eGift Card for $80 (20% discount)
- $250 Marriott eGift Card for $200 (20% discount)
- $500 Marriott eGift Card for $400 (20% discount)
- May 31:
- Two nights at the Fairmont Austin in a standard room for $608. The package includes breakfast for two guests as well as all taxes, gratuities and resort fees.
- Four nights at the Fairmont Grand Del Mar San Diego in a standard room for $2,000. The package includes breakfast for two guests as well as all taxes, gratuities and resort fees.
- June 3:
- World of Hyatt point packages are priced anywhere between 1.038 and 1.1 cents per point. This is less then TPG's valuation of 1.7 cents per point, which is great. This is also significantly better then purchasing points with the current 40% bonus. Unfortunately though, the packages are extremely limited — 229 packages in total. The packages include:
- 24,000 World of Hyatt points for $260 (1.083 cents per point)
- 40,000 World of Hyatt points for $415 (1.038 cents per point)
- 30,000 World of Hyatt points for $330 (1.1 cents per point)
- 72,000 World of Hyatt points for $775 (1.076 cents per point)
- June 4:
- Hilton Honor point packages are priced at 0.5 cents per point. TPG values these points at 0.6 cents per points so purchasing these packages will most likely still put you ahead of the game. With that being said, Hilton is currently selling points at the exact same rate through May 28, 2019. The only advantage of purchasing points through the Daily Getaway promotion is the purchase should code as "Travel" and many credit cards such as the Chase Sapphire Reserve and Citi Premier® Card will earn you 3x points. The Hilton Honor point packages include:
- 100,000 Hilton Honor points for $500 (0.5 cents per point)
- 30,000 Hilton Honor points for $150 (0.5 cents per point)
- 250,000 Hilton Honor points for $1,250 (0.5 cents per point)
Discounted Car Rentals
In addition to the Avis and Alamo packages you can purchase in weeks one through three, you'll now have another opportunity to save money on an upcoming car rental:
- May 29:
- Hertz point packages are priced between 4.23 and 5.1 cents per point. With Hertz points, the number of points required for a free car rental depends on the day of the week, length of the rental, and car class. For example, a free day weekend day starts at just 550 points. The packages include:
- 5,500 Hertz points for $280 (5.1 cents per point)
- 13,200 Hertz points for $560 (4.24 cents per point)
- 16,500 Hertz points for $698 (4.23 cents per point)
Las Vegas Packages
During weeks one through three we've already seen four days where you can snag a Las Vegas package at a pretty good deal (including: MGM Grand properties, Caesars Entertainment properties, The Venetian Resorts and many others). Of course the value of the deal really comes down to whether or not you really need all of the extras that are included, but ultimately, for those seeking a Las Vegas vacation, this is a great opportunity to travel for less. Fortunately, during week 4 there is yet another Las Vegas package deal:
- May 27:
- $590 for a two-night stay at The Cromwell in a Luxury King Room, $100 dining credit at Giada’s, access to Drais day pool and nightclub, in-room Champagne and round-trip limousine transportation between the hotel and airport.
- $425 for a two-night stay at select Caesar Resorts (including: Bally’s Las Vegas, Caesars Palace, Flamingo Las Vegas, Harrah’s Las Vegas, Paris Las Vegas, Planet Hollywood Resort, The LINQ Hotel and Casino, Rio All-Suite Hotel & Casino), in-room champagne, $100 dining credit, $150 spa credit and round-trip airport limousine transportation.
- $500 for a two-night stay at Planet Hollywood Las Vegas in a Ultra Hip Room, dinner for two, two tickets to a Caesars Entertainment show of your choice, in-room Champagne and round-trip transportation between the hotel and airport.
- $450 for a two-night stay at Caesars Palace, two all-day Buffet of Buffets passes, daily access to the fitness center, complimentary internet access and round-trip limousine transportation between the hotel and airport.
- $590 for a two-night stay at Nobu Hotel, in-room tea service, dinner for two at Nobu Restaurant and Lounge, daily Qua Spa fitness center access and round-trip transportation between the hotel and airport.
- $350 for a two-night stay at The LINQ Hotel in a King Room, including two tickets to the High Roller, two tickets to a show of choice, in-room bottle of champagne and round-trip limousine transportation between the hotel and airport.
Discounted Theme Park Tickets
To add to the theme park discounts, week 4 brings another opportunity to save money:
- May 28:
- Three-day ticket to Universal Orlando: You'll receive two three-day tickets for $592.
- Universal Orlando Resort VIP Experience: Receive the ultimate experience for five guests at Universal Studios Florida and Universal’s Islands of Adventure with complimentary breakfast and lunch as well as priority front-of-the-line access for $1,869.
- Universal Orlando Vacation Package: Four guests will enjoy a four-day, three-night hotel stay, round-trip airfare and three-day admission to three theme parks for $2,738.
As you'll notice, some offers are significantly better than others, but it all depends on your upcoming travel plans. Make sure to read all terms and conditions to ensure the packages work for you, keeping expiration dates in mind. Also, for the sake of earning bonus points on your credit cards all purchases made through the Daily Getaway have coded as travel. This means 3 points per dollar on the Chase Sapphire Reserve or Citi Premier® Card.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.