Global Entry enrollment suspended through July 6
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Global entry interviews have been delayed by coronavirus again.
The U.S. Department of Homeland Security will keep enrollment centers for its Trusted Traveler programs closed through at least July 6, its Customs and Border Protection arm said in a statement Tuesday.
If you’ve applied for Global Entry or other Trusted Traveler programs like Nexus and Sentri, you’ll have to wait a little longer for your interview.
“Conditionally-approved Trusted Traveler Program applicants who seek an interview at an enrollment center will need to reschedule their appointment using the online scheduling tool after July 6,” the agency said. “These applicants are encouraged to check their e-mail and Trusted Traveler Program accounts for further information. CBP will continue to monitor the situation in order to resume enrollment center interviews as soon as possible.”
The announcement is just the latest in a string of delays for the resumption of Trusted Traveler interviews. CBP had previously postponed them until May 1, and then through June 1 before Tuesday’s latest update.
Waiting longer for a Global Entry interview can certainly be frustrating, but with a historic travel slump underway, you probably aren’t jetting off abroad any time soon anyway.
CBP’s update isn’t all bad news for travelers though.
The agency has extended provisional application approvals to 485 days. The agency is also extending Global Entry benefits to existing members for 18 months past the original expiration date, so long as you have a new application in process.
That doesn’t help New York state residents though, who are still barred from applying.
If you happen to be traveling before July 6 and have a conditionally-approved Global Entry application, you can still finalize your membership by doing an interview on arrival. CBP said that option will remain available at all airports where it was previously offered, even as scheduled interviews remain off the table.
How do you know when your Global Entry is expiring?
The most obvious way is to check your Global Entry card to see the expiration there. Or, if you’ve lost track of your card, the Global Entry kiosks should alert you if your expiration is looming.
Beyond that, you also can check online – though that requires logging in with your Trusted Traveler profile. We’ve got the full set of instructions. Or, if you’ve lost track of you’re Trust Traveler profile, we’ve also got you covered if you need to create a new one.
Featured photo by James Tourtellotte via CBP
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees