Check to see if you’re targeted for these Citi spend offers
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Citi is a TPG Advertising Partner
Citi is ringing in the new year with targeted offers across multiple credit cards. Select cardholders received emails during the first couple of days in January, offering 5x/5% back on certain bonus categories. Note: These offers are subject to change at anytime.
According to Doctor of Credit, here is the full list of offers sent out:
- Citi Prestige® Card: 5x ThankYou points on grocery stores, drugstores, gas stations mass transit and commuter transportation vendors.
- Citi Premier℠ Card: 5x ThankYou points on clothing stores, computer and electronic stores, department stores and toy stores.
- Citi Simplicity® Card: 5% cash back on computer networks or other online services.
- Citi® Diamond Preferred® Card: 5% cash back on computer networks or other online services.
Multiple TPG staffers, including Managing Editor Alberto Riva and Senior Points and Miles Editor Jasmin Baron, were targeted for the Citi Prestige offer.
Unfortunately, these offers aren’t quite as lucrative as they seem at first glance. They are all capped out at 2,500 points or $25 in cash back. If you have the Citi Prestige and Citi Premier, you’re getting up to $42.50 in value based on TPG valuations.
The information for the Citi Premier and Citi Prestige has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
These bonus categories are all easy to use and maximize, so if you are targeted for these offers, don’t forget to activate before Feb. 15, 2020.
Even though 2019 brought a major devaluation to Citi’s Premier and Prestige cards, they are still solid travel credit cards to consider having in your wallet. The Citi Prestige offers 5x on dining and air travel, 3x on hotels and cruise lines and a slew of valuable perks like two 4th Night Free hotel stays per year, Priority Pass lounge access, $250 in travel credits and more. The Premier comes with 3x on travel and gas, plus 2x on dining and entertainment.
Featured photo by The Points Guy
- Earn up to 70,000 bonus miles. Earn 60,000 bonus miles after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional 10,000 bonus miles after your first anniversary of Card Membership. Offer Expires 4/1/2020.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free and Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights.
- New! Get ready for your next trip - spend $10,000 in purchases on your card in a calendar year and receive a $100 Delta Flight Credit to get you there sooner.
- Earn 2X Miles on Delta purchases, at restaurants worldwide and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 20% savings in the form of a statement credit after you use your Card on eligible Delta in-flight purchases of food, beverages, and audio headsets.
- Enjoy a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $99.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees