Registration open — Earn 8K Choice points after every two stays this spring
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Editor’s note: This is a recurring post, regularly updated with new information.
Registration is now open for Choice Hotels Stay More, Earn More spring promotion. During this promotion, travelers will earn between 5,000 and 8,000 bonus points after every two stays with arrival no earlier than March 7 and check-out no later than April 26. If you’re a frequent Choice Hotels guest, this could help you rack up some serious bonus points.
Register for the promotion
To get in on this promotion, you need to register at this link. You must register before check-out of your first stay. But, even if you don’t have plans to stay at a Choice hotel this spring, you might as well register now. Registration is open to Choice Privileges members with a U.S. or Canadian address.
After registering, a confirmation screen will load.
Book and stay
The terms and conditions state that stays must be booked via the Choice website, mobile app, phone booking center or Book by Google at qualifying rates — so avoid booking through an online travel agency like Hotels.com. Corporate travelers may also book through their online booking tool or with a travel agent, but bookings through Egencia’s Preferred Rate Program don’t qualify. You must ensure that your Choice Privileges number is associated with your booking at check-in.
Most rates that normally earn Choice Privileges points are qualifying rates. However, many rates do not and are thus not eligible for this promotion:
“Rooms booked at rates below $40 USD per night, certain hotel initiated promotions, reward night stays, complimentary rooms, rooms paid for as part of a convention or meeting, rooms booked through a third party online retailer including online travel agencies, wholesale packages, group tours, and stays booked using the employee discount or the friends and family discount.”
Also, the following restrictions apply to this promotion in particular:
“Stays at vacation rental property locations and Choice Hotels® properties in the following countries are excluded from this promotion: Japan, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Lithuania, Estonia, Latvia, Guyana, and Ecuador.”
The FAQs note that stays booked at an AM Resort locations property currently do not qualify for the promotional bonus. And, the terms and conditions note that WoodSpring Suites hotels and Ascend Hotel Collection all-inclusive resorts also don’t qualify.
Check-in for a qualifying stay must occur no earlier than March 7 and check-out must be completed by April 26. A stay is defined as one or more consecutive nights — and this promotion specifies that a stay is “any number of consecutive nights at one hotel regardless of check-ins or check-outs.”
To participate in this promotion, you’ll need to ensure your earning preference is Choice Privileges points. So, if your earning preference is currently set to an airline program, you’re going to need to change this preference before stays for this promotion. There’s no cap on the number of points that can be earned during this promotion though.
Related: The best hotel credit cards
After each pair of qualifying stays, you’ll be awarded a minimum of 5,000 and a maximum of 8,000 bonus points. The exact number of bonus points depends “on the number of base points earned from the two separate qualifying stays,” but you are guaranteed that the total of base points plus bonus points awarded across the two stays will be at least 8,000 points. You can expect the points to post within 72 hours of check-out, although boutique properties and international properties may take up to 20 days.
Through this promotion, you’ll earn a combination of base points and bonus points that will total at least 8,000 Choice points after every two eligible stays with check-in no earlier than March 7 and check-out completed by April 26. So, this promotion can be particularly lucrative if you have some one-night stays at relatively inexpensive Choice Hotels properties.
Based on the frequently asked questions page for the promotion, there’s no cap on the bonus points you can earn from stays during this promotion. So, this promotion will provide ample opportunity to earn valuable Choice points that you can then use to get excellent value in cities as well as at the vacation club component of Choice.
- Register for and maximize Your Extras at Choice Hotels
- The best cards for travel purchases
- The best hotels for business and leisure travelers
- The best hotel credit cards
- How to pick the right hotel chain for you
- The best travel credit cards
- The best cash-back credit cards
- Cash back vs. points and miles credit cards: The pros and cons of each
- Best no-annual-fee cash-back credit cards for at home and abroad
- The best no-annual-fee credit cards
Featured photo of Bluegreen Vacations Fountains, which is part of Choice Hotels’ Ascend Resort Collection, by Katie Genter/The Points Guy.
- Earn up to 70,000 bonus miles. Earn 60,000 bonus miles after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional 10,000 bonus miles after your first anniversary of Card Membership. Offer Expires 4/1/2020.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free and Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights.
- New! Get ready for your next trip - spend $10,000 in purchases on your card in a calendar year and receive a $100 Delta Flight Credit to get you there sooner.
- Earn 2X Miles on Delta purchases, at restaurants worldwide and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 20% savings in the form of a statement credit after you use your Card on eligible Delta in-flight purchases of food, beverages, and audio headsets.
- Enjoy a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $99.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees