Choice Hotels Will Add 50+ All-Inclusive Resorts This Winter
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Starting this winter, you’ll be able to earn and redeem Choice Privileges points at more than 50 beachfront all-inclusive resorts in Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean. Some Choice Privileges members received an email announcing this news on Friday morning:
This opportunity is a result of a strategic relationship Choice announced last May with AMResorts. At that time, Choice said the new relationship would allow members to “earn and redeem points at AMResorts’ more than 50 award-winning properties by year end” and that the partnership will result in Choice having “the largest all-inclusive luxury resort offering of any major US hotel company.”
Now, Choice is announcing to its members that bookings through Choice for these properties will be available soon. However, a Choice spokesperson said there’s no concrete date yet on which bookings will open.
If you’re wondering how this relationship between AMResorts and Choice Hotels can help you, just look at the map of AMResorts:
Indeed, you’ll soon be able to earn and redeem Choice points at AMResorts’ brands including Zoëtry Wellness & Spa Resorts, Secrets, Breathless, Dreams, Now, Reflect and Sunscape Resorts & Spas. Each brand has a theme, with some tailored to couples, some to groups of friends, some to nuclear families and some to extended families.
Choice has yet to announce how many points these properties will cost. Currently, a free night outside the Asia Pacific region costs between 6,000 and 35,000 points. Based on TPG’s valuation of Choice points at 0.6 cents each, this means a free night is worth between $36 and $210. Since even multi-bedroom villas at Choice’s vacation ownership provider Bluegreen Vacations usually only cost 16,000 to 30,000 points, I imagine the new all-inclusive resorts will be bookable toward the mid to upper points range depending on season.
If any of these resorts look appealing, now’s a great time to start stocking up on Choice points. There are a few ways you can acquire Choice points:
- Purchase Choice points
- Earn Choice points on stays and through promotions
- Earn Choice points by spending on the Choice Privileges Visa Signature Card
- Transfer American Express Membership Rewards points to Choice at a 1:1 ratio
Since we don’t yet know how many points these resorts will cost per night, you may be best off earning American Express Membership Rewards points through spending on a card like The Platinum Card® from American Express or the American Express® Gold Card.
I’m excited to see Choice Hotels not only increase their presence in the upscale market, but also add some additional all-inclusive options for using points. Choice points provide excellent value in many areas, ranging from Europe and Japan to New York as well as family-friendly vacation rentals. We’ll see this winter how affordable stays are at AMResorts’ all-inclusive properties — both in terms of points and cash — but this partnership certainly seems like a positive addition whether you’re looking to earn or redeem points.
Featured photo of Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa via YouTube.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 100,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $2,000
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, up to $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber Cash annually (only for use in the U.S.) (Enrollment required for select benefits)
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 100,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $6,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership. Apply and select your preferred metal Card design: classic Platinum Card®, Platinum x Kehinde Wiley, or Platinum x Julie Mehretu.
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year and earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points on prepaid hotels booked with American Express Travel.
- Get $200 back in statement credits each year on prepaid Fine Hotels + Resorts® or The Hotel Collection bookings, which requires a minimum two-night stay, through American Express Travel when you pay with your Platinum Card®. And if you fly, you can receive up to $200 in statement credits per calendar year after you select a qualifying airline and incidental fees are charged by the airline to your Platinum Card®.
- $240 Digital Entertainment Credit: Get up to $20 back each month on eligible purchases made with your Platinum Card® on one or more of the following: Audible, Disney+, The Disney Bundle, ESPN+, Hulu, Peacock, SiriusXM, and The New York Times. Enrollment required.
- $155 Walmart+ Credit: Cover the cost of a $12.95 monthly Walmart+ membership with a statement credit after you pay for Walmart+ each month with your Platinum Card. Cost includes $12.95 plus applicable local sales tax. Plus Ups are excluded.
- American Express has expanded The Centurion® Network to include 40+ Centurion Lounge and Studio locations worldwide. There are even more places your Platinum Card® can get you complimentary entry and exclusive perks.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit: Get up to $200 in statement credits per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one select qualifying airline.
- $200 Uber Cash: Enjoy Uber VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides or eats orders in the US annually. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status is available to Basic Card Member only.
- $300 Equinox Credit: Get up to $25 back each month on the Equinox+ digital fitness app, or eligible Equinox club memberships when you pay with your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $189 CLEAR® Credit: Use your Card and get up to $189 back per year on your CLEAR® membership. CLEAR® is available at select airports and stadiums.
- $695 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees