Chipotle Rewards Loyalty Program Launches in Select Markets
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It’s official: Loyalty programs have moved well beyond airlines and hotels, and in turn, the food industry will never be the same. Starbucks, Pizza Hut and even Chick-fil-A are luring patrons back into stores with the promise of free grub after spending a certain amount, and starting this month, yet another mainstay is getting in on the action. Chipotle Mexican Grill is piloting its points-based loyalty system (dubbed Chipotle Rewards) in three test markets: Phoenix, Kansas City (both in Kansas and Missouri) and Columbus, Ohio.
In a statement that requires three or four readthroughs to properly digest, the chain’s Chief Digital and Information Officer Curt Garner had this to say: “Now, with Chipotle Rewards, the more you Chipotle, the more you earn points towards free Chipotle.” That’s a lot of Chipotle.
Eligible customers in each of the three test markets can sign-up for Chipotle Rewards via the Chipotle app or on Chipotle.com. Those who enroll can earn 10 points for every $1 spent, with 1,250 points resulting in a free entrée. In what could be the boldest move of the year by a restaurant plagued with food safety and credit card security issues, Chipotle also throws shade at competing loyalty programs in the official release: “Offering a free entrée of choice allows customers to choose their favorite menu item without restrictions like other loyalty programs.” Shots fired.
For a limited time, customers can earn 15 points for every $1 spent in the app and online, and customers in pilot markets can also earn free chips and guac after their first purchase using Chipotle Rewards. If you aren’t in one of the company’s test markets, you have two options: uproot and move, or wait for the full-stage program rollout to occur sometime in 2019.
Featured image courtesy of Chipotle Mexican Grill
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees