This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
China Eastern is hoping its new livery will go to “infinity and beyond.”
Or at least, Buzz Lightyear’s famous catchphrase will come to mind when passengers see the airline’s new “Toy Story” themed Airbus A330 that took its first flight on Saturday.
The new livery is part of a partnership between China Eastern and Shanghai Disney Resort, and features huge depictions of familiar characters Woody and Buzz Lightyear splashed across the plane’s fuselage. It’s the airline’s third aircraft with Disney livery.
But, with this plane, China Eastern really amped up the Disney theme, even outfitting the interior decor of the plane in full-on “Toy Story” regalia, too. Almost every inch of the inner ceilings, overhead bins, seat covers and tray tables are decked out with colorful “Toy Story” characters.
It’s not the first time an airline has gone full bore on a cartoon theme. EVA Air debuted a Hello Kitty themed Boeing 777-300ER that featured the lovable cartoon on everything from the livery to the boarding passes, luggage tags and in-flight snacks. ANA also rolled out a Boeing 777-200ER with a Star Wars theme that featured a livery inspired by golden robot C-3PO and even has flight attendants in C3PO-themed aprons.
China Eastern’s new “Toy Story” A330 flew from Shanghai (PVG) to Beijing (PEK) on Saturday. The aircraft — registration B-5976 — will continue to fly between the two cities.
All images courtesy of China Eastern’s Facebook page.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees