China Eastern Unveils New ‘Toy Story’ Themed A330
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
China Eastern is hoping its new livery will go to “infinity and beyond.”
Or at least, Buzz Lightyear’s famous catchphrase will come to mind when passengers see the airline’s new “Toy Story” themed Airbus A330 that took its first flight on Saturday.
The new livery is part of a partnership between China Eastern and Shanghai Disney Resort, and features huge depictions of familiar characters Woody and Buzz Lightyear splashed across the plane’s fuselage. It’s the airline’s third aircraft with Disney livery.
But, with this plane, China Eastern really amped up the Disney theme, even outfitting the interior decor of the plane in full-on “Toy Story” regalia, too. Almost every inch of the inner ceilings, overhead bins, seat covers and tray tables are decked out with colorful “Toy Story” characters.
It’s not the first time an airline has gone full bore on a cartoon theme. EVA Air debuted a Hello Kitty themed Boeing 777-300ER that featured the lovable cartoon on everything from the livery to the boarding passes, luggage tags and in-flight snacks. ANA also rolled out a Boeing 777-200ER with a Star Wars theme that featured a livery inspired by golden robot C-3PO and even has flight attendants in C3PO-themed aprons.
China Eastern’s new “Toy Story” A330 flew from Shanghai (PVG) to Beijing (PEK) on Saturday. The aircraft — registration B-5976 — will continue to fly between the two cities.
All images courtesy of China Eastern’s Facebook page.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.