China Eastern Unveils New ‘Toy Story’ Themed A330
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
China Eastern is hoping its new livery will go to “infinity and beyond.”
Or at least, Buzz Lightyear’s famous catchphrase will come to mind when passengers see the airline’s new “Toy Story” themed Airbus A330 that took its first flight on Saturday.
The new livery is part of a partnership between China Eastern and Shanghai Disney Resort, and features huge depictions of familiar characters Woody and Buzz Lightyear splashed across the plane’s fuselage. It’s the airline’s third aircraft with Disney livery.
But, with this plane, China Eastern really amped up the Disney theme, even outfitting the interior decor of the plane in full-on “Toy Story” regalia, too. Almost every inch of the inner ceilings, overhead bins, seat covers and tray tables are decked out with colorful “Toy Story” characters.
It’s not the first time an airline has gone full bore on a cartoon theme. EVA Air debuted a Hello Kitty themed Boeing 777-300ER that featured the lovable cartoon on everything from the livery to the boarding passes, luggage tags and in-flight snacks. ANA also rolled out a Boeing 777-200ER with a Star Wars theme that featured a livery inspired by golden robot C-3PO and even has flight attendants in C3PO-themed aprons.
China Eastern’s new “Toy Story” A330 flew from Shanghai (PVG) to Beijing (PEK) on Saturday. The aircraft — registration B-5976 — will continue to fly between the two cities.
All images courtesy of China Eastern’s Facebook page.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.