China Eastern Unveils New ‘Toy Story’ Themed A330
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
China Eastern is hoping its new livery will go to “infinity and beyond.”
Or at least, Buzz Lightyear’s famous catchphrase will come to mind when passengers see the airline’s new “Toy Story” themed Airbus A330 that took its first flight on Saturday.
The new livery is part of a partnership between China Eastern and Shanghai Disney Resort, and features huge depictions of familiar characters Woody and Buzz Lightyear splashed across the plane’s fuselage. It’s the airline’s third aircraft with Disney livery.
But, with this plane, China Eastern really amped up the Disney theme, even outfitting the interior decor of the plane in full-on “Toy Story” regalia, too. Almost every inch of the inner ceilings, overhead bins, seat covers and tray tables are decked out with colorful “Toy Story” characters.
It’s not the first time an airline has gone full bore on a cartoon theme. EVA Air debuted a Hello Kitty themed Boeing 777-300ER that featured the lovable cartoon on everything from the livery to the boarding passes, luggage tags and in-flight snacks. ANA also rolled out a Boeing 777-200ER with a Star Wars theme that featured a livery inspired by golden robot C-3PO and even has flight attendants in C3PO-themed aprons.
China Eastern’s new “Toy Story” A330 flew from Shanghai (PVG) to Beijing (PEK) on Saturday. The aircraft — registration B-5976 — will continue to fly between the two cities.
All images courtesy of China Eastern’s Facebook page.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees