Update: Cathay Pacific first class lounge will not join Priority Pass
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Editor’s note: This story has been updated based on new information
This past week, we reported that 50+ Plaza Premium lounges are leaving the Priority Pass program effective July 1 — with most locations being in Canada, Malaysia, the UK and Taiwan.
Yesterday, we reported that Priority Pass members would instead gain access to one of the finest lounges in the world: Cathay Pacific’s First Class lounge, The Wing, at Hong Kong International Airport (HKG). The lounge was listed in the Priority Pass app and was reported to become accessible to members by June 21, 2021.
However, a representative from Cathay Pacific corporate affairs reached out to TPG to deny this: “We have no plans for our lounges to join Priority Pass Programme in Hong Kong nor any location.” Perhaps it was a technical error on the app, but the bottom line is that The Wing will not be added to the Priority Pass network.
New to The Points Guy? Sign up for our daily newsletter.
Cathay Pacific’s The Wing is open to first class passengers from 5:30 a.m. until the last departure. You’ll find private cabanas equipped with a daybed, bath, shower and a workspace — some of the most luxurious amenities of any airport lounge in the world.
Even if you can’t make your way to this extravagant lounge anytime soon, your Priority Pass membership will still prove to be valuable as international travel has started to come back — and in full swing. With more than 1,300 airport lounges already, Priority Pass aims to expand with a lofty goal of adding 20% more lounges by the end of 2021.
Featured photo by EQRoy/Shutterstock
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees