Priority Pass members losing access to 57 Plaza Premium lounges as of July 1
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Editor’s note: This post has been updated with new details.
We told you back in April about the impending breakup between Plaza Premium and the Priority Pass lounge network.
Now we’re learning that, beginning July 1, 57 Plaza Premium lounges will no longer be available to Priority Pass members. The full list of the lounges being removed from the PP network can be found here. The bulk of the affected lounges are in Canada, Malaysia, the UK and Taiwan.
Priority Pass members who pass through Toronto will definitely be impacted by the loss of these lounges. All seven Plaza Premium lounges at Pearson International Airport (YYZ), three of which serve international departures and two that serve U.S. transborder flights, will no longer be accessible.
There are non-Plaza Premium Priority Pass options at YYZ include Bar 120 and Twist by Roger Mooking in Terminal 1, and the Air France-KLM Lounge and The Caplanskys Deli in Terminal 3.
Heathrow Airport is losing five lounges. They include a pair of locations in Terminal Two, another two in Terminal Four, as well as a Plaza Premium space in Terminal 3. There are a few alternative spaces for London travelers to note. Terminal Four has a Sky Team Lounge. in Terminal 3, there is a Club Aspire Lounge, and the recently-opened Plaza Premium Arrivals lounge.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Plaza Premium current operates 180 locations across nearly 50 airports. They don’t sell Plaza Premium lounge memberships directly. Instead, Plaza Premium acts as a contract lounge provider for premium airline passengers, and for other lounge access programs.
There are still Plaza Premium lounges available for Priority Pass members. Meanwhile, the company continues to broker new deals at airports around the world. It recently closed a deal with Menzies Aviation to rebrand 13 current lounges as Plaza Premium spaces in airports across Europe, New Zealand, and South Africa.
Priority Pass is working on its deals. It has already announced plans to boost its lounges by 20% this year, which would add 250 new locations to its roster. The Priority Pass network includes more than 1,300 locations in more than 600 airports in 148 countries — for now at least.
Additional reporting by Mike Avila.
Featured image by Daniel Ross / The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees