Cathay Pacific Adding Mattress Pads and Slippers in Business Class
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Cathay Pacific business class is about to become even more desirable for frequent flyers. Beginning in October, Cathay Pacific business class passengers aboard long-haul flights will receive mattress pads and slippers, the South China Morning Post reports.
This is not the first time Cathay Pacific business class passengers were offered mattress pads. In 2017, Cathay Pacific rolled out mattress pads for business class passengers as part of a trial run. After a few months, mattress pads were pulled from business class on all Cathay Pacific flights.
Beginning in October, business class passengers on select long-haul flights will receive both mattress pads and slippers. While Cathay Pacific offers one of the best hard products in business class, the airline’s soft product (service and amenities) lags behind its competitors. Cathay Pacific’s recent financial woes only exacerbated the airline’s lackluster business class service.
More recently, Cathay Pacific has managed to turn around its financial troubles. With the airline in a better financial position and demand for air travel in Asia steadily increasing, the airline appears to feel more comfortable adding amenities and services.
While the mattress pads and slippers will be a much-welcomed addition to Cathay Pacific business class, both amenities have long been offered in business and first class by airlines across the globe. Oneworld partner American Airlines offers both amenities to first class passengers on all long-haul flights and to business class passengers on select long-haul routes.
Though Cathay Pacific’s business class product is already quite comfortable, mattress pads significantly improve the comfort of an airline’s product.
Unfortunately, few details are known at the moment about the two services. It is not yet known if Cathay Pacific intends to partner with a brand to offer these new amenities or if the airline will offer generic amenities designed in-house. Photos have yet to be released of either amenity.
Both amenities have long been offered by Cathay Pacific in first class. Both TPG writers and readers consistently rank Cathay Pacific’s first class product as one of the most comfortable seats in the sky when it comes to sleeping on long-haul flights. This is thanks in part to the pillow, linens and mattress pad offered in first class. If Cathay Pacific’s first class bedding is any indication of the future business class amenities, the airline’s business class is set to receive a major enhancement.
For the latest travel news, deals, and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured Image by JT Genter/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees