Cathay Pacific Adding Mattress Pads and Slippers in Business Class
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Cathay Pacific business class is about to become even more desirable for frequent flyers. Beginning in October, Cathay Pacific business class passengers aboard long-haul flights will receive mattress pads and slippers, the South China Morning Post reports.
This is not the first time Cathay Pacific business class passengers were offered mattress pads. In 2017, Cathay Pacific rolled out mattress pads for business class passengers as part of a trial run. After a few months, mattress pads were pulled from business class on all Cathay Pacific flights.
Beginning in October, business class passengers on select long-haul flights will receive both mattress pads and slippers. While Cathay Pacific offers one of the best hard products in business class, the airline’s soft product (service and amenities) lags behind its competitors. Cathay Pacific’s recent financial woes only exacerbated the airline’s lackluster business class service.
More recently, Cathay Pacific has managed to turn around its financial troubles. With the airline in a better financial position and demand for air travel in Asia steadily increasing, the airline appears to feel more comfortable adding amenities and services.
While the mattress pads and slippers will be a much-welcomed addition to Cathay Pacific business class, both amenities have long been offered in business and first class by airlines across the globe. Oneworld partner American Airlines offers both amenities to first class passengers on all long-haul flights and to business class passengers on select long-haul routes.
Though Cathay Pacific’s business class product is already quite comfortable, mattress pads significantly improve the comfort of an airline’s product.
Unfortunately, few details are known at the moment about the two services. It is not yet known if Cathay Pacific intends to partner with a brand to offer these new amenities or if the airline will offer generic amenities designed in-house. Photos have yet to be released of either amenity.
Both amenities have long been offered by Cathay Pacific in first class. Both TPG writers and readers consistently rank Cathay Pacific’s first class product as one of the most comfortable seats in the sky when it comes to sleeping on long-haul flights. This is thanks in part to the pillow, linens and mattress pad offered in first class. If Cathay Pacific’s first class bedding is any indication of the future business class amenities, the airline’s business class is set to receive a major enhancement.
For the latest travel news, deals, and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured Image by JT Genter/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.