This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Back in November, Capital One announced that it would be adding transfer partners for its Venture miles-earning cards sometime in December, though it declined to provide a specific date. Well, good news: It’s just officially launched the ability to initiate transfers. You can now move miles earned with the Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card and a handful of other cards to 14 airline partners.
If you’re scratching your head because the original announcement included just 12 transfer partners, kudos for your attention to detail. The issuer’s added two additional partners to the list: Emirates and Singapore. Unlike the previously announced partners, with which miles transfer at a 2:1.5 ratio, miles will transfer to these two programs at a 2:1 ratio. So you’re effectively earning 1 airline per dollar spent on the Venture Card, since that card earns 2x miles on all purchases (except at Hotels.com/Venture, where it earns 10x miles).
So, factoring in those two new programs, here’s the complete list of Capital One Venture transfer partners, with some links to articles on the respective programs:
Aeromexico Club Premier
Air Canada Aeroplan
Air France-KLM Flying Blue
Cathay Pacific Asia Miles
EVA Infinity MileageLands
Hainan Fortune Wings Club
Qantas Frequent Flyer
Qatar Airways Privilege Club
Capital One says you should allow five days for transfers to process, but that in reality it will usually take less time than that. We’ve already started testing transfer times and found that they were instant with seven airlines (half of the partners).
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
Earn unlimited 10x miles on hotel stays booked and paid through hotels.com/venture. Pair that with the Hotels.com Rewards program and you'll essentially be getting 20% off of hotel bookings! With the 50,000 mile sign-up bonus you can get up to $700 in value based on TPG's most recent valuations and you'll have the flexibility to transfer those miles to participating airline partners or redeem those miles on any purchase for airfare, hotel stays, car rentals and more.
- Enjoy a one-time bonus of 50,000 miles once you spend $3,000 on purchases within 3 months from account opening, equal to $500 in travel
- Earn 2X miles on every purchase, every day. Plus earn 10X miles on thousands of hotels, through January 2020; learn more at hotels.com/venture
- Named ‘The Best Travel Card' by CNBC, 2018
- Receive up to $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®
- Fly any airline, stay at any hotel, anytime; no blackout dates. Plus transfer your miles to over 12 leading travel loyalty programs
- Miles won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how many you can earn
- No foreign transaction fees
- $0 intro annual fee for the first year; $95 after that