Capital One Launches Transfer Partners, Adds Three More Airlines
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Back in November, Capital One announced that it would be adding transfer partners for its Venture miles-earning cards sometime in December, though it declined to provide a specific date. Well, good news: It’s just officially launched the ability to initiate transfers. You can now move miles earned with the Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card and a handful of other cards to 14 airline partners.
If you’re scratching your head because the original announcement included just 12 transfer partners, kudos for your attention to detail. The issuer’s added three additional partners to the list: Emirates, Singapore and JetBlue. Unlike the previously announced partners, with which miles transfer at a 2:1.5 ratio, miles will transfer to these three programs at a 2:1 ratio. So you’re effectively earning 1 airline per dollar spent on the Venture Card, since that card earns 2x miles on all purchases.
So, factoring in those three new programs, here’s the complete list of Capital One Venture transfer partners, with some links to articles on the respective programs:
Aeromexico Club Premier
Air Canada Aeroplan
Air France-KLM Flying Blue
Cathay Pacific Asia Miles
EVA Infinity MileageLands
Hainan Fortune Wings Club
Qantas Frequent Flyer
Qatar Airways Privilege Club
Capital One says you should allow five days for transfers to process, but that in reality it will usually take less time than that. We’ve already started testing transfer times and found that they were instant with eight airlines (over half of the partners).
- Earn up to 70,000 bonus miles. Earn 60,000 bonus miles after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional 10,000 bonus miles after your first anniversary of Card Membership. Offer Expires 4/1/2020.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free and Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights.
- New! Get ready for your next trip - spend $10,000 in purchases on your card in a calendar year and receive a $100 Delta Flight Credit to get you there sooner.
- Earn 2X Miles on Delta purchases, at restaurants worldwide and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 20% savings in the form of a statement credit after you use your Card on eligible Delta in-flight purchases of food, beverages, and audio headsets.
- Enjoy a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $99.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees