Book the first Airbus A321neo flights with JetBlue’s new Mint business class
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update 4/15/21: Flights with the new Mint are not currently appearing on JetBlue’s website, however you should be able to check out by beginning your search with Google Flights, selecting the correct option and heading over to JetBlue’s website to complete the purchase process. Here’s a link to a sample booking to get you started.
Get that credit card out! JetBlue just announced the first flights for its much-anticipated Airbus A321neo with the new Mint business class. I’m expecting there to be a lot of demand, especially for the very first flight, so if you’re hoping to join along you’ll want to lock in your seat quickly.
As of now, JetBlue intends to operate the first flight on Tuesday, June 1 — you’re looking for B6 23, departing from New York-JFK at 10:30 a.m. and arriving in Los Angeles (LAX) at 1:51 p.m.
From there, the first aircraft will fly back to New York as B6 124, departing LAX at 3:01 p.m. and arriving back at JFK at 11:24 p.m.
As of publication, fares for the inaugural flight are available for $1,198 in business class. But with a new snack bar and JetBlue’s latest economy product, it could also be a fun ride in coach. Awards are quite expensive, pricing at 39,000 points for economy and a whopping 110,100 for Mint.
Click “View seats” to pull up the map — if you see eight rows of suites in a 1-1 configuration, you’ve landed on the right flight.
If you don’t need to be on the very first flight, there are far more affordable options beginning a few days later — Saturday’s JFK flight can be had for just $648 in Mint, for example:
Meanwhile, Mint suites are available from LAX for $648 as soon as June 2 — while you’ll miss out on any inaugural festivities, it’s a good opportunity to catch the new product at a reasonable price just one day after launch.
The neo will operate its initial schedule up top through June 9. Meanwhile, from June 10 through Sept. 7, you can expect to find the Mint-equipped A321neo operating the following:
- B6 2123, departing JFK at 9:00 a.m. and arriving at LAX at 11:59 a.m.
- B6 1524 departing LAX at 1:20 p.m. and arriving at JFK at 10:00 p.m.
It’s not yet clear how JetBlue will assign the two studio suites, and, as of now, we still have the old seat map, so the studios aren’t even available to select.
Of course, it’s always possible that JetBlue could delay the A321neo’s launch, or assign it to different flights, instead. We’re not expecting either at this point, but keep in mind that aircraft substitutions are always a risk.
Fortunately, if JetBlue did make an aircraft change, the carrier’s no longer applying change fees, so you can adjust your booking or cancel your trip and receive a credit for the full amount— funds will go into your JetBlue Travel Bank, and just need to be used within one year.
Featured photo by Zach Honig/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.