Book the first Airbus A321neo flights with JetBlue’s new Mint business class
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update 4/15/21: Flights with the new Mint are not currently appearing on JetBlue’s website, however you should be able to check out by beginning your search with Google Flights, selecting the correct option and heading over to JetBlue’s website to complete the purchase process. Here’s a link to a sample booking to get you started.
Get that credit card out! JetBlue just announced the first flights for its much-anticipated Airbus A321neo with the new Mint business class. I’m expecting there to be a lot of demand, especially for the very first flight, so if you’re hoping to join along you’ll want to lock in your seat quickly.
As of now, JetBlue intends to operate the first flight on Tuesday, June 1 — you’re looking for B6 23, departing from New York-JFK at 10:30 a.m. and arriving in Los Angeles (LAX) at 1:51 p.m.
From there, the first aircraft will fly back to New York as B6 124, departing LAX at 3:01 p.m. and arriving back at JFK at 11:24 p.m.
As of publication, fares for the inaugural flight are available for $1,198 in business class. But with a new snack bar and JetBlue’s latest economy product, it could also be a fun ride in coach. Awards are quite expensive, pricing at 39,000 points for economy and a whopping 110,100 for Mint.
Click “View seats” to pull up the map — if you see eight rows of suites in a 1-1 configuration, you’ve landed on the right flight.
If you don’t need to be on the very first flight, there are far more affordable options beginning a few days later — Saturday’s JFK flight can be had for just $648 in Mint, for example:
Meanwhile, Mint suites are available from LAX for $648 as soon as June 2 — while you’ll miss out on any inaugural festivities, it’s a good opportunity to catch the new product at a reasonable price just one day after launch.
The neo will operate its initial schedule up top through June 9. Meanwhile, from June 10 through Sept. 7, you can expect to find the Mint-equipped A321neo operating the following:
- B6 2123, departing JFK at 9:00 a.m. and arriving at LAX at 11:59 a.m.
- B6 1524 departing LAX at 1:20 p.m. and arriving at JFK at 10:00 p.m.
It’s not yet clear how JetBlue will assign the two studio suites, and, as of now, we still have the old seat map, so the studios aren’t even available to select.
Of course, it’s always possible that JetBlue could delay the A321neo’s launch, or assign it to different flights, instead. We’re not expecting either at this point, but keep in mind that aircraft substitutions are always a risk.
Fortunately, if JetBlue did make an aircraft change, the carrier’s no longer applying change fees, so you can adjust your booking or cancel your trip and receive a credit for the full amount— funds will go into your JetBlue Travel Bank, and just need to be used within one year.
Featured photo by Zach Honig/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees